Old photos. 1982.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Old photos. 1982. Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:29 pm
    ----
Here's a few old photos from APG. You can tell they are 1982 since concrete pads weren't installed until 1987. Guess who the early AFV News member at the StuG III is. The box car sat next to "Anzio Annie" but has long since been removed. Rick

In Photo of StuG III is of Armin Sohns. He was a crew member of this model in Russia, and later commanded a Hetzer in Germany. Unfortunately, he passed away many years ago. I met him through AFV News in the early 1980s.

#2: Re: Old photos. 1982. Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:37 pm
    ----
Some problems with old 126 film can be edited out. I also have some old 110 films to try to reprint and edit, circa 1981. Rick

#3: Re: Old photos. 1982. Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:48 pm
    ----
Thanks, Rick. I never met Armin Sohns personally, or even saw a photo of him. But he was a great correspondent - very patient with my many questions about Panzers, way back when (70s).

Geoff

#4: Re: Old photos. 1982. Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 pm
    ----
Geoff,
You're welcome. He had much first hand knowledge of StuG (his favorite) and the Hetzer. He used to live in Rothsville, PA which is in Lancaster county. I lived close to him. Had some nice trips to Aberdeen, MD and Carlisle, PA (MHI). Rick

-> AFV News Discussion Board