National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:11 am
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve added a gallery of photos from the National WWI Museum at Liberty Monument in Kansas City, MO.

This is an absolutely awesome museum! Terrific presentation of history and artifacts with an amazing variety of artillery pieces and a combat veteran FT-17 to boot. For sure this is one of the best USA museums in existence. The Liberty Monument itself is worth a visit - amazing architecture and a lovely view of KC.

www.vgbimages.com/phot...Key=88K4gC

#2: Re: National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:30 am
    ----
The best World War I museum in the US................................I do believe

#3: Re: National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:26 am
    ----
Looks like a first-class museum. Thanks for sharing.

Massimo

#4: Re: National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:56 pm
    ----
I agree. When I was working for the government up in IL back in the 1980s, I flew into Kansas City a few times, and the plane always passed around the monument both inbound and outbound. I had been to the Memorial when a youngster, but that was before there was a real museum there.

We blundered into the place while on a trip to a Scott Joplin festival in Sedalia, and were impressed all to hell. It took a couple of additional trips before we were there a) on a day when the place was open, and b) when we had enough time to view it properly. Well worth spending two days in KCMO to visit (and to visit the steamboat museum also there in the bargain.

Unfortunately, its "isolation" in a seldom visited American city means that few will be able to visit...

#5: Re: National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:18 am
    ----
Paul,
Is that last arty piece posted above an M1902 or /05 US 3 inch field gun, by any chance?
D.

#6: Re: National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:13 am
    ----
8cm M1908 M5/8 Nr.791 1908 Austrian- Hungary, the hard one for us

#7: Re: National WWI Museum - Kansas City, MO - Gallery Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 pm
    ----
The one from the Dual Monarchy is unique for a "modern" fieldpiece in that it has a bronze barrel.

-> AFV News Discussion Board