fort Indiantown Gap, PA
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: fort Indiantown Gap, PA Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:07 pm
    ----
My photos from Fort Indiantown Gap are now posted on flickr. www.flickr.com/photos/brick6757/ . The large transport aircraft, missiles, boxcar, were not photographed. A few helicopter views and the airport are shown. Rick

#2: Re: fort Indiantown Gap, PA Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:15 am
    ----
Hey Rick,

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a lot of changes to the displays since we visited in 2012 - only the M113 and M1 were displayed near the airfield at that time. The M47 looks much better than before.

#3: Re: fort Indiantown Gap, PA Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:15 pm
    ----
Hi Paul and Loren,
Thank You two for always sharing photos from your many travels! I always look forward to what You find and photograph. The M1 and M113 haven't moved. The trees are gone from here, and facing the airport, left to right are:
155mm Long Tom, M915A1`Line Haul Tractor, M578 LRV, M42 Duster, M110A2 8"SPH, M1 IPM1 D1244 MBT, M113A2 APC, M60A3 MBT (was at Admin. building), M46 Medium Tank (was at museum, pad & plaque still there, but empty), M4A3E8 Sherman 15536 and S65944 on glacis plate. I went there just expecting to see the M110A2, which I'd heard they set there.
There is another compound there (off limits) that has a variety of old and newer AFVs. I'm planning on moving back to central Pennsylvania (most of our family is still there) once I secure a job in the area. Then, I'll try to contact the right individual at FIG about getting to photo items there. Strykers, M60 AVLBs, M1A2 MBTs, etc. are there. Google search from above (no street view available) about 1 mile north and west of the airport. Rick

#4: Re: fort Indiantown Gap, PA Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:35 pm
    ----
P.O.,
The M4A3E8 Sherman at the Ft. Indiantown Gap Display had these numbers stamped on front hull: 15536 and underneath this number was: S65944. Any idea where it may have been prior to this display? Rick

#5: Re: fort Indiantown Gap, PA Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:29 am
    ----
Hi Rick

I have that Sherman located at Carisle, Pa. in the register.
Paul and Loren have a some pictures from that location.

Michel

#6: Re: fort Indiantown Gap, PA Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:36 am
    ----
Thank You Michel.

-> AFV News Discussion Board