USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 am
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve added a large gallery of photos of the US Army Heritage Trail at the USAHEC in Carlisle, PA.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...P/n-N2knrn

#2: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:47 am
    ----
Simply outstanding. Does the Trail allow blank civilians in?

#3: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:53 am
    ----
Paul and Loren, thanks for sharing USAHEC photos. Great views!

JWB2, Check out Us Army Heritage and Education Center web site for visiting details. This is next to the US Army War College and much easier for civilian access. The old Military History Institute (MHI) was much harder to access (at least back in the 1980s) as it shared grounds of US Army War College. Inside the buildings are FT-17 tank, and rotating displays. They also have many books and allow research, just be sure to check hours of operation and rules before visit. Rick

#4: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:19 pm
    ----
Great pictures Paul and Loren!

The M60A1 is SN 6053, RN 09A12771. She was in the Fort Knox collection Motor Pool prior to the Benning move. Was wondering where she ended up.

#5: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:51 pm
    ----
Thanks for sharing
I do like the Pak 43/41 and I finaly can see the number of the gun
now in some of the pictures !

Walter

#6: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:36 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Great pictures Paul and Loren!

The M60A1 is SN 6053, RN 09A12771. She was in the Fort Knox collection Motor Pool prior to the Benning move. Was wondering where she ended up.

...and a fine looking old girl she is!

#7: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:00 pm
    ----
Made a mistake ,

Got to looking closer at the pictures, The M60A1 is actually SN 6241, RN 09A05172. Right side #1 and #2 road wheels have 1 each lug stud broken off and the #3 Arm is a modified #1 arm with an M88 hub installed. This tank used to be parked on the corner of Brave Rifles and Wilson Drive at Fort Knox next to the XM803 PIGG test rig. Didn't make sense that SN 6053 was there as a static display, she was a runner from what I remember. Glad she is being well taken care of.

#8: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:16 am
    ----
Cool gallery.

Walter, I am trying to record the numbers for WW II german artillery, but I am not 100% sure where to look. You should assemble some instructions and post them here:
www.com-central.net/in...2&start=45

Massimo

#9: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:25 am
    ----
Hi Massimo

I did put some info there for you

Walter

#10: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:26 am
    ----
Hi Massimo

I did put some info there for you

Walter

#11: Re: USAHEC Heritage Trail Photo Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:45 pm
    ----
Last week I uploaded Windows 10, this week I need to learn how to load photos here on Com-Central! Anyway, I finally learned how to load my flickr account: www.flickr.com/photos/brick6757 . I was at Ft. Indiantown Gap, and US Army Heritage and Education Center yesterday. Check my flickr account for new information on it and a page about Ft. Miles, DE (was there today) Artillery Park to open Spring 2016. I hope to load some photos from there later today. As for Windows 10, some features I like, some not, still much to learn. Rick

M60A1, M46, M4A3E8 Sherman, have new paint jobs or slight add on markings (M46). Also, new display is Lance Missile on towed launch platform.

-> AFV News Discussion Board