That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:40 pm
    ----
The grocery cart, flower stand and trash can I can understand, they were unavoidable....but I want that rear bumper put back on!!!!

www.dailymotion.com/vi...chase_auto

Mr. Green

#2: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:21 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
The grocery cart, flower stand and trash can I can understand, they were unavoidable....but I want that rear bumper put back on!!!!

Mr. Green

I don't know what movie that's from, but the music had Issac Hayes written all over it. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that was Brutha' Issac driving the Mopar.

Gotta' luv chrome slots with extra wide whitewalls! Go big and make a statement!

#3: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:13 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- JG300-Stoopy

Mr. Green

I don't know what movie that's from, but the music had Issac Hayes written all over it. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that was Brutha' Issac driving the Mopar.

Gotta' luv chrome slots with extra wide whitewalls! Go big and make a statement!

Indeed you are not mistaken.
Gotta love the awesome handling characteristics of those 1960/1970's era cars. Laughing

Wheels

#4: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:57 pm
    ----
I didn't know what the film was either but seeing what a hoot the car chase was I just had to track it down for future laughs - it's a 1974 flick called Truck Turner. Here's the trailer (the car chase is previewed at 1:59):

videos.famousfix.com/v...ysufFlsEq0

Right on Wheels - gotta love those cars and gotta love those 60's/70's movies that show tons of that classic American steel on the streets! I'm just glad that groovy Ranchero didn't get bashed up.

#5: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:05 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
I didn't know what the film was either but seeing what a hoot the car chase was I just had to track it down for future laughs - it's a 1974 flick called Truck Turner. Here's the trailer (the car chase is previewed at 1:59):

videos.famousfix.com/v...ysufFlsEq0

Right on Wheels - gotta love those cars and gotta love those 60's/70's movies that show tons of that classic American steel on the streets! I'm just glad that groovy Ranchero didn't get bashed up.

"American International Pictures"...always the finest in upper crust cinema with production values consistently above par. The production company that brought us some of the finest work of Roger Corman!

#6: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:27 am
    ----
Pimpin ain't easy! Laughing

Always wanted a Lincoln with the rear suicide doors. Great find Stoopy.

#7: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:43 am
    ----
Love spotting cars in these old movies...

I say the baby-blue car that was cut off at 1:04 is '62 Buick Special (4-door). Can I get a ruling here?

Mr. Green

#8: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:14 am
    ----
Only other car I noticed was the Mustang that got it's front end smashed at around 2:50. Sad

Wheels

#9: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:29 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Love spotting cars in these old movies...

I say the baby-blue car that was cut off at 1:04 is '62 Buick Special (4-door). Can I get a ruling here?

Mr. Green

I second that it was a Buick, though that makes it a sister to the first actual turbo car offered in America, the Olds "Jetfire" (good luck finding one, other than on Google).

Seconds on the Ranchero....the paintwork leaved something to be desired, but it's definitely on the "raw material' radar!

#10: Re: That's the last time I loan you my Lincoln, Ascout!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:38 pm
    ----
OK then if you get seconds on the Ranchero then I call dibs on the yella Mach 1 at 02:00.

Hey I like this game!!! Mr. Green

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum