Sunday November 29th Flight
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: Sunday November 29th Flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:55 pm
    ----
Hi,
as I said to weeks ago, for this trip we need the ORBX Freeware EMO Mission. Without it you won't see the airstrips in the mountains. The payware Jacksons is NOT required.

This mission puts us in the seat of a bush plane and we'll fly the missions typical for that part of the world (as I imagined them...).

Our day starts in the morning at the freight ramp at Jacksons. We pick up freight and hikers destined for Milei, a little village in the mountains.
From there we are tasked to go to Kokoda (AYKO) to get a sick hiker to the nearest hospital.
The work day isn't over, we have to return to the moutains to get some supplies to Boridi, another small village in the mountains.

A couple of hikers gave up and are stuck at Manari, so we pick them up there and fly them to the Emo Mission.
The last trip of the day leads us to Girua (AYGR), were we bring some folks from the mission to the city.

This is the plan for the day!

There will be no flightplan, as the villages are not in the GPS. Here are the approximate heading/distances:

AYPY - Milei = 039 - 31 NM
Milei - AYKO = 027 - 14 NM
AYKO - Boridi = 199 - 13 NM
Boridi - Manari = 181 - 6 NM
Manari - Emo Mission = 074 - 25 NM
Emo Mission - AYGR = 033 - 25 NM.

The mountains here are pretty high, at times we need to climb to more than 10.000ft, and the runways (if you want to call them that) are short, curved and sloped, so pick an appropriate airplane!

Have fun!

Part two is ready, stay tuned...

#2: Re: Sunday November 29th Flight Author: jeff3163Location: KBLI PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:36 am
    ----
Hey guys,
Yes, AYPY was the missing link. After installing it, the burnt out huts were repaired, and the airstrips now show up. Sorry for the confusion. I thought I had that airport installed, because I had the folder for AYPY. The Emo mission must've created it. I'm glad I got it sorted out. (and on sale, too) Yay!
So, the EMO mission scenery DOES require the installation of the payware Jacksons airport to be seen correctly.

See ya next week.

#3: Re: Sunday November 29th Flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:00 am
    ----
Thanks Jeff, it was all my fault. I thought that the villages came with the EMO Mission, but I read the manual for Jackson now and they are described there.

Sorry for the mess....

I post a flight for next Sunday and we fly these flights after Wingy had an opprtunity to get Jacksons, no problem!

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights