“Thunder Over Michigan” Military Vehicle Galleries
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: “Thunder Over Michigan” Military Vehicle Galleries Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:24 pm
    ----
Hi All,

We’ve added galleries of photos taken at the 2010 and 2011 “Thunder Over Michigan” airshows. As part of the airshow, TOM schedules two Battle reenactments with vehicles, reenactors and participating aircraft. It makes a very fun combination.

First up - 2010

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-.../i-H4KgB5m

#2: Re: “Thunder Over Michigan” Military Vehicle Galleries Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:26 pm
    ----
Next, is the European battle from the 2011 show.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-.../n-vL8f2k/

#3: Re: “Thunder Over Michigan” Military Vehicle Galleries Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:27 pm
    ----
The afternoon battle was a Pacific theme, as 2011 was the centenary of US naval aviation. 5 LVTs participated. This gallery has some video footage as well.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-.../n-M8JSLc/

#4: Re: “Thunder Over Michigan” Military Vehicle Galleries Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:30 pm
    ----
Also for 2011, we attended the parade, held in nearby Belleville, MI, on the Friday evening preceding the airshow proper. I’ve posted this gallery before, but chose to include it here for convenience. The video included in the gallery has footage of the LVTs swimming in the town lake as well as footage of the parade.

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-.../i-GrZDswJ

#5: Re: “Thunder Over Michigan” Military Vehicle Galleries Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:42 am
    ----
Nice, the fly over in 2011 b the yellow trainers was by my friend Tom Hibiskie and the rest of the Hooligan Flight Team

-> AFV News Discussion Board