Sunday December 20th Flight
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: Sunday December 20th Flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:50 pm
    ----
Hi,
since we all now have Jacksons installed, we should be ready for this trip and the EMO Mission.

So again, this mission puts us in the seat of a bush plane and we'll fly the missions typical for that part of the world (as I imagined them...).

Our day starts in the morning at the freight ramp at Jacksons. We pick up freight and hikers destined for Milei, a little village in the mountains.
From there we are tasked to go to Kokoda (AYKO) to get a sick hiker to the nearest hospital.
The work day isn't over, we have to return to the moutains to get some supplies to Boridi, another small village in the mountains.

A couple of hikers gave up and are stuck at Manari, so we pick them up there and fly them to the Emo Mission.
The last trip of the day leads us to Girua (AYGR), were we bring some folks from the mission to the city.

This is the plan for the day!

There will be no flightplan, as the villages are not in the GPS. Here are the approximate heading/distances:

AYPY - Milei = 039 - 31 NM
Milei - AYKO = 027 - 14 NM
AYKO - Boridi = 199 - 13 NM
Boridi - Manari = 181 - 6 NM
Manari - Emo Mission = 074 - 25 NM
Emo Mission - AYGR = 033 - 25 NM.

The mountains here are pretty high, at times we need to climb to more than 10.000ft, and the runways (if you want to call them that) are short, curved and sloped, so pick an appropriate airplane!

Have fun!

Part two is ready, stay tuned...

#2: Re: Sunday December 20th Flight Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:04 pm
    ----
I did most of the flight today, and I now definitely have the scenery that was described the last time we tried. It looked great. I didn't fine the mission, but I know it's in there since I had it last time. I just didn't remember which canyon to fly up. I look forward to doing it with you guys tomorrow.

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights