US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:47 pm
    ----
Hello All,

We’ve posted a gallery of images of the pre-BRAC US Army Ordnance Museum at the Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. The photos are from 2004-2008. Enjoy!

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...n/n-GN53G5

#2: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:12 pm
    ----
Paul and Loren,
Thanks for sharing the Ordnance Museum photos. I wish BRAC had never happened, APG was my favorite place to go. Last I knew the 16" Coastal gun was the only item remaining at the Museum. Does anyone know if the Museum building has opened, or is it still sitting there empty? Thanks for sharing all other photos from the many places You visit. Rick

#3: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:50 pm
    ----
It looks just like I remember it with Bob and Neal, except a whole lot less hot! Smile

#4: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:53 pm
    ----
A lot of memories. I haven't been back in several years. I guess I'm in denial

#5: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:41 pm
    ----
I wonder how much of this stuff made it to Fort Benning, when I was in the safe at Aberdeen it seemed lots of folks had access………

#6: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:37 am
    ----
How'd you get photos of my living room?? Shocked

#7: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:38 am
    ----
you guys were on one of your road trips.....................

#8: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:16 pm
    ----
Access to the vault varied over the years I was there but it was pretty much what I considered 'secondary access' where only a few people were actually able to open it. Sometimes others were allowed access to it once it was opened. There were also regular inventories of the items.

#9: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:42 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Access to the vault varied over the years I was there but it was pretty much what I considered 'secondary access' where only a few people were actually able to open it. Sometimes others were allowed access to it once it was opened. There were also regular inventories of the items.

I am a grateful recipient of one of Bob's "special" tours. A great visit and a great lunch/dinner.

#10: Re: US Army Ordnance Museum Gallery Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:48 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- bsmart

I am a grateful recipient of one of Bob's "special" tours. A great visit and a great lunch/dinner.

I was lucky to get in twice with Bob

-> AFV News Discussion Board