Fort Irwin OC Sheridans
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Fort Irwin OC Sheridans Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm
    ----
- Tanklord
Got the book and WOW, it was well worth the price. Got the two Squadron Signal M551 books coming too. Just picked up another kit too. Oh the possibilities!

I was very impressed with the print quality of the images in Burik's book, especially for such an image-heavy publication. Just not used to seeing that sort of crispness, including in some much more expensive works.

#17: Re: Fort Irwin OC Sheridans Author: Burik PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 am
    ----
I'm glad some folks got enjoyment out of the WWP book. I am happy to discuss any of the photos I took of OPFOR vehicles. I have more of course that were not in the book.

I would like to see someone build a good model of one. I have meant to give one a try over these years (M113 based) but a bit of too many curved surfaces for me to sratchbuild.

Maybe an OPFOR Sheridan but right now there is not a good enough model of a Sheridan for me.

Bob

#18: Re: Fort Irwin OC Sheridans Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:42 am
    ----
- Burik
I'm glad some folks got enjoyment out of the WWP book. I am happy to discuss any of the photos I took of OPFOR vehicles. I have more of course that were not in the book.

I would like to see someone build a good model of one. I have meant to give one a try over these years (M113 based) but a bit of too many curved surfaces for me to sratchbuild.

Maybe an OPFOR Sheridan but right now there is not a good enough model of a Sheridan for me.

Bob

I have one of the original Tamiya Sheridan kits that I will kit bash to make one of the mid 80's Vis-mods. I feel that I just need the basic shape of the hull to work with.

#19: Re: Fort Irwin OC Sheridans Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 am
    ----
- Tanklord
- Burik

Bob

I have one of the original Tamiya Sheridan kits that I will kit bash to make one of the mid 80's Vis-mods. I feel that I just need the basic shape of the hull to work with.

The later released Academy kit is better, but if you're going to kit-bash, it probably won't matter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. Hi, Bob!

-> AFV News Discussion Board