Chino, CA Planes of Fame AFVs & Vehicles Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Chino, CA Planes of Fame AFVs & Vehicles Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:47 am
    ----
Hi all,

We’ve posted a gallery of images of the AFVs and military vehicles on display at the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA. The images date from 2005-2015 and feature the many different looks the M4A1 Sherman has had over the years. Enjoy!

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...A/n-68zGSP

Images below cover (in order) 2005, 2007, 2008 measles camouflage, 2012, 2014, 2014 being repainted after Rap video shoot, 2015, & the hull casting inside on the rear deck behind the turret. The last photo is the SN for the museum’s M3A3 Stuart (SN 12870)

#2: Re: Chino, CA Planes of Fame AFVs & Vehicles Gallery Author: silviop15 PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:23 am
    ----
Who is the moron who painted it neon green, that is just wrong? I believe the M114 shown is a M114A2 judging by the gun mount, maybe Roy Lingle will chime in.

Great pictures

Is that a fake mantlet on the M3A3 Stuart? Looks pretty odd.

Last edited by silviop15 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Chino, CA Planes of Fame AFVs & Vehicles Gallery Author: Walter_Sobchak PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:48 am
    ----
Good lord, as if I did not dislike rap enough as it is. Now I can blame it for doing that to as Sherman tank?

#4: Re: Chino, CA Planes of Fame AFVs & Vehicles Gallery Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:18 pm
    ----
- silviop15

Is that a fake mantlet on the M3A3 Stuart? Looks pretty odd.

Yes, seems to lack the gun sight.

#5: Re: Chino, CA Planes of Fame AFVs & Vehicles Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:43 pm
    ----
Yep, the M3A3 Stuart gun and mantlet are fake.

Here is a screen capture from the rap video that featured the POF Sherman. It's from a Nike ad from 2014 mocking Richard Sherman of the Seahawks. AFAIK the entire original rap video was never released - I had a link to it, but it no longer works.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Boom Box"

The link to the full Nike ad is below.
www.youtube.com/watch?...e=youtu.be
The POF Sherman shows up at the 22 sec mark and goes by quickly!! Total viewing time of 3 seconds.

Don't shame the poor Sherman for taking the gig - I've done a lot of questionable gigs for the money too!!

-> AFV News Discussion Board