Our good friend Hans Siskens, out for a while
-> Officer's Club

#1: Our good friend Hans Siskens, out for a while Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:10 am
    ----
I just received a PM from a family member of Hans and although it's irregular to post PM's in public, I wanted to share given that we are all good friends with Hans and would want to know:

Hi Erich,

My name is Jeroen and I am the son in law of Hans Siskens. I would like to inform you that Hans suffered from a brain infection (encefalitus) during the last summer vacation.He is still recovering and things are going in the right direction. However it is still difficult to write e-mails and work on the computer. Hopefully in the near future it will be possible for Hans to upload screenshots and send e-mails but for now it still very difficult.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

Hans, we wish you a full and speedy recovery and keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

#2: Re: Our good friend Hans Siskens, out for a while Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:43 pm
    ----
Thanks for the update and I'm sure all who've been in contact with Hans will want to wish him the best!

#3: Re: Our good friend Hans Siskens, out for a while Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:39 pm
    ----
I received an email reply (three, actually) today from Hans expressing both optimism and many thanks for all good thoughts coming his way. The spelling and grammar are a bit spotty (for Hans, whose English is normally excellent), but as you would expect for someone recovering from encephalitis. The content and intended meaning of each message was very clear. As I hear anything more, I'll pass it on.

#4: Re: Our good friend Hans Siskens, out for a while Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:34 am
    ----
Givvem a quick ¤§¤mutchie from the skwirrell.
Wishem a fast recovery for me.

-> Officer's Club