New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 am
    ----
While doing Google Satellite research for my quick AFV run up to Wyoming, I spotted this display area near the north gate to Warren AFB. I drove in and grabbed some quick driveby photos to document the M7B2 Priest and F-86D/L Sabre on display.

AFAIK this M7B2 isn’t listed in the AFV register.

5800 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82009
41.168457, -104.844858

www.vgbimages.com/AFV-...D/n-3jqn4c

#2: Re: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:26 am
    ----
thanks a lot for the photos, I was missing this one. I know another one in the Army Reserve Base, Guernsey State Park, Guernsey, WY (USA). I am missing a photo.

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:57 am
    ----
I don't want to bother you too much, but next time you see an M7B1 or M7B2, could you check at the rear for a stamped marking please? I have found a 3-digit number preceeded by the letters GA on 4 Priests already and I need to gather more data.

#4: Re: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 pm
    ----
Hi P-O

I've checked our Priest today and the markings on that location are FP93.
Markings on the side of our M7B2 Priest by tichenor3698, on Flickr

Michel

#5: Re: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:08 pm
    ----
Sorry to disappoint you Paul, no bonus this time, its in the register under Cheyenne, Wyoming Military Department HQ with 2 M114's, those two are not yet confirmed. The coordinates provided are just around the corner.

Michel

#6: Re: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 pm
    ----
Michel,

Thanks a lot for your help.
I'm not 100% sure it is the stamping I am looking for, is there something on the other side please?

thanks

Pierre-Olivier

#7: Re: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:30 pm
    ----
Michel,

The M7B2 listing for Cheyenne is for the WYNG Museum located at 638 Pershing Rd - which I documented in the WYNG Museum gallery - one of the M114s is there as well. The register lists it as WY Military Department HQ but the sign out front of the building is for the Wyoming National Guard Museum.

There are 2 M7B2 Priests at 2 different locations in Cheyenne, WY - the one at 638 Pershing (above) and the new one at the coordinates I listed.

#8: Re: New M7B2 - WYANG Display - Cheyenne, WY Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:50 pm
    ----
Hi Paul

My mistake, assumed wrong. The coordinates were juist around the corner so I assumed its the same one. I will add the Priest asap.

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board