Uphill Glider Landing and very low over town..
-> Officer's Club

#1: Uphill Glider Landing and very low over town.. Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 pm
    ----
-S-

He landed the glider via heavy crab into the upslope
of a big hill in a small clearing..very impressive..
Fast forward to 2:40 for the impatient..lol..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z66osZ4ri5A

This is real impressive if you like low level flying...this guy comes in during rain VERY low over a town in a high performance glider..watch in full screen..its good...!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tIGLZUFHIQ

Hammer Smile Sad Smile Sad Smile

#2: Re: Uphill Glider Landing and very low over town.. Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:41 pm
    ----
The pilot of the first video is showing how not to do it, the second clip is ok, the man seems to know what he is doing. He was low but fast enough to pull the glider up a bit if needed, used the speed brake for landing.

#3: Re: Uphill Glider Landing and very low over town.. Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:05 am
    ----
-S-

I like the second one best. I use to do some gliding in the Canadian Air Cadets..all in older Schweitzer 2-33 Gliders, higher performance gliders at York Soaring Assn, here in Southern Ontario.

In the second clip you can see the high tech advancements made via the f-16 like bubble canopy, a nice smooth quiet ride.. the glass instrument panel and the button crazy stick..others include the fiberglass and carbon structures.

The ASG 29 boasts a glide ratio of 50 to 1...!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...her_ASG_29

If I could afford it..this would be the ship I purchase. I will post a link here and in a separate topic to this guy in Utah that has great flying clips in his ASG..cross country, aerobatic and more.

www.youtube.com/channe...r_qCYu1I5Q

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

-> Officer's Club