FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures
-> Officer's Club

#1: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:09 pm
    ----
Here are some of the pictures I took on Saturday. The airshow was good as usual, but there was a noticeable decrease in the numbers of aircraft attending the show. I would imagine fuel prices was the reason.
The first on is not a plane, but I had to take it for my squad mate Ascout

#2: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: 251_Akira_IJNLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:39 pm
    ----
SAWEEEET!!!! Cool

#3: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:56 pm
    ----
Ooooh! M42 "Duster"! (Semi-common sight on the firebases for perimeter defence) Got a higher res pic you can send me for the bro's on the armor forum? (I'll crop it down).

Does the twin-Mustang fly now?

#4: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:40 pm
    ----
awesome shots bullet,,,,,,,i must say the lineup of those beech 18's looks like a good afternoon here at com central sunday flights,,,,,

thanks for sharing those Mr. Green

#5: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:55 pm
    ----
The Twin Mustang isn't flying yet, but it's getting closer.
Sent you a picture of the M45. let me know if you didn't get it.
Yep Hoppa those Beech 18/C-45 s are looking good. Did you notice the Canadian ship...

#6: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:01 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
The Twin Mustang isn't flying yet, but it's getting closer.
Sent you a picture of the M45. let me know if you didn't get it.
Yep Hoppa those Beech 18/C-45 s are looking good. Did you notice the Canadian ship...

I'll be a'waitin'! Here is the M42 (basically, an M41 light tank with the twin 40mm Bofors conceived as AAA, which it never performed) at the War Remnants Museum at the Citadel, Imperial City in Hue, Vietnam when I visited earlier this year. The turret is traversed over the rear deck, and incredibly, it still has a set of spare barrels on the fender. I likely saw this very vehicle at one of the firebases in the AO "back in the day".

Great aircraft shots, BTW!

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:20 am
    ----
Cool

Great pic's 1Bullet !

btw, just fer fun the real thing .................................

and ..........................

our version for fs9

fled

#8: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:36 am
    ----
Very nice piccies Bullet! Thanks for sharing!!

#9: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:43 am
    ----

No Vietnam service, but this was interesting:

"200th Air Defense Artillery Regiment"

"Headquarters, 200th Coast Artillery, redesignated 31 May 1946 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 200th Antiaircraft Artillery Group. Headquarters, 200th antiaircraft Artillery Group, organized and federally recognized 25 September 1947 at Roswell (Headquarters battery organized and federally recognized 10 October 1947 at Las Cruces; hereafter separate lineage). "

ROSWELL! Musta' been these guys what brung down that there alien spacecraft! (and you all thought it just "crashed" in Roswell....) Laughing

#10: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:57 pm
    ----
Holy COW!!! I LOVE that old Cessna 310 twin, and the even older Cessna Bobcat (radial-engined twin there with the stubby nose)

And the Polikarpov PA-3!!! WOW!! How COOL is that?!?!!

The pic right above the camo F-4 Phantom has me stumped, I don't know my English bombers that well...Doesn't look right for a Lancaster, is that a Halifax or what?

(And good shootin' by that Roswell crew if what Ascout sez is true......hope they got a case o'beer for that one!).

#11: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:22 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Holy COW!!! The pic right above the camo F-4 Phantom has me stumped, I don't know my English bombers that well...Doesn't look right for a Lancaster, is that a Halifax or what?

(And good shootin' by that Roswell crew if what Ascout sez is true......hope they got a case o'beer for that one!).

I'm thinking it's a Shackleton, but could be wrongo.

#12: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:30 pm
    ----
WOW Ascout thats a lot of info for one picture, thanks.

And your right about the Shackleton. It has been at the main hanger for the last couple of years and I didn't even think it was airworthy. I took a tour of it a few years back. It is a huge aircraft. Too see it Fly at the airshow was a pleasent surprise. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of it in the air. Forgot to take the extra batteries.......duh
users.bigpond.net.au/Shackleton/
www.warbirdalley.com/shack.htm
You might notice that the B-29 FIFI is absent from the flightline. She has some major problems that need to be addressed before she is airworthy. She was sitting in the hanger with the outboard section of the left wing off. I think there is some corrison problems that need to be fixed and not enough funds to do it yet. Hopefully next year.
That 310 is sweet. I wish someone who is good at building planes for fs9 would take that plane on as a project. (It's one of my favorites).
Well heck they are all my favorites LOL Rolling Eyes

Fled, I thought someone would pick up on some of the nose art. Last year when I went to the show I took a picture of the same plane and I was surprised to see it on the list of Beech 18's that we had avaliable to us for fs9

#13: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:11 pm
    ----
OK, so you're jonesin' for some Superfort pics....how about Fifi from the CAF airshow, Harlingen in '88 (bad year, we lost Max Gardner and the A20 Havoc during that show) and a couple of the non-flyable, but pretty darn complete "Haggerty's Hag" from the Hill AFB exhibit. I tried to make it look believably like it was on a mountainous SW Pacific island. This was maybe '87.

Sorry if I get too wordy 'bout dem tanks....they's my thang...this "wingy thing" stuff is just a sideline for when I aint' got real tanks to be messin' with. If it lays it's own track, I'm you guy! (And of course, some variants of the B-36 actually had tracked landing gear...honest!)

#14: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:18 pm
    ----
Ascout . by now you know my big thingy is da planes, but as a kid when I wasn't "flying" my plastic model planes around the back yard, I had my tanks and trucks out in my moms flower bed on a "firebase" supporting my guys out in the tall grass battlefield of the back yard. She would yell at me a little about cutting roads through the flowers, but I really don't think she minded too much. I like the armored vehicles too

So, hey, I knew you liked the Tanks and stuff so thats the reason for the pix. Actually it was the first one I took, because I knew you would be able to tell me what it was.. YOu know come to think of it my Sons Christmas gift when he was two was a remote control Sherman tank. ( He was to young to play with it much so Dad took control) Cool

Last years picture of FIFI. Notice the weather compared to this year.. It was hot out there this year. Temps in the mid 90's

#15: Re: FINA/C.A.F. Airshow Pictures Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:54 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet

Hey 1bullet! That exact plane was at the lone star galveston airshow not too long ago..

-> Officer's Club