Moscow
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Moscow Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:02 pm
    ----
After a long time of absence and tank hunting I decided to visit Moscow with my son during the 75th victory parade on May 9th. I intend to visit the following places;
- Victory museum
- Central Armed Forces museum
- Monino Air Force Museum
- Patriotic Park site 1 and site 2 (the old Kubinka tank museum)

Since I have to do it with public transport/Yandex taxi/taxi, are there people with experience doing this?

Regards,
Lesley

#2: Re: Moscow Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:20 am
    ----
Wish I could help Leslie, on my "bucket list" to go there. Hope to see some of your photos later this year! Happy New Year to you and all Com-Central folks. Rick

#3: Re: Moscow Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:36 pm
    ----
HI Leslie,
I used Oleg Alexandrov, he's a travel agent that knows these places, I went to all of your listed places with him. His email is aoleg @ cityline.ru, web page www.threewhales.ru He speaks excellant English, maybe others....If you can locate him I recommend him...It was a couple years ago...

#4: Re: Moscow Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 pm
    ----
Just noticed I also have this address, I can't make out the dot net address but I believe its mtu-net.ru

#5: Re: Moscow Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:47 am
    ----
Dear Sir,
I submit contact data of March 2019:

Travel agency Three Whales
www.threewhales.ru/company.htm
e-mail: oalexandrov @ mtu-net.ru
Phone: 7 (495) 420-8441, fax: 7 (495) 420-8441, mobile phone 7 (916) 586-0804
Contact person: Oleg Alexandrov

#6: Re: Moscow Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:44 pm
    ----
Thanks!!

#7: Re: Moscow Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm
    ----
Safe travels and enjoy the trip!

Looking forward to your photos!!

Cheers,
VB

#8: Re: Moscow Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:59 am
    ----
You should be ready that there will be huge amount of people in all these places near 9.05.2020.

#9: Re: Moscow Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:35 am
    ----
I'am afraid it will be busy indeed.....

#10: Re: Moscow Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:36 am
    ----
You can also visit Museum of national military history, almost 50 AFV, almost all in running condition
www.kskdivniy.ru/museum/

#11: Re: Moscow Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:33 am
    ----
Thanks, in this busy period, any hope for a (yandex) taxi to Monino and Patriotic Park and (also very important) back, in other words, do they pick you up at those remote locations.

Alone I'am not afraid to spend the night somewhere, but I have my 12 year old kid with me...

Regards,
Lesley

#12: Re: Moscow Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:18 pm
    ----
Taxi works well in Moscow region. Yandex, Gett, Uber...
You should expect 3 problems:
1. Time to wait due to high demand in your journey days.
2. Possible problems to find your taxi (sometimes they wait you not where you wait them).
3. Language barrier - suppose majority of the drivers don't know English.

-> AFV News Discussion Board