So, what's up with the new FS2020?
-> Officer's Club

#1: So, what's up with the new FS2020? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 pm
    ----
Who has it? Impressions?

#2: Re: So, what's up with the new FS2020? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:11 pm
    ----
From what I've read from real world reviews, it takes a strong computer to run it properly. This isn't a new scenario with MS however as this has been their pattern since the beginning .New Software requires new hardware, then the hardware catches up, then the software takes a leap forward and the process starts over again... Wink

Screenshots are awesome though...

#3: Re: So, what's up with the new FS2020? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:14 am
    ----
Been watching some of the beta demos on YouTube.
Highly recommend them.
If I ever get some of my life back, I might even be tempted meself one day.....
Wink

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Iw0_zTcpQ
Community (low graphics).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSzM644-dw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=le4RNNdWGs8
Solo (better graphics)

Have heard about some glitches (flying under Golden Gate results ion crashes) being worked out.
Also if scenery is 'missing' you can download from Google maps and FS2020 will 'intelligently' fill in missing objects in the game.
However this can have mixed results as game mapping makes some 3-D assumptions from 2-D information.

But it still seems to be pretty good.
You'd have to know what you're looking at to spot the omissions/differences.

#4: Re: So, what's up with the new FS2020? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:44 am
    ----
I have it, I like it for VFR flying in some areas (where the mesh is accurate). In other areas it is pretty bad.
My system:

SUS P8Z77-V Pro, 16GB DIMM DDR3, i7-3770 OC 4,0 GHz, GTX 2080 8GB, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Crosswind Rudder Pedals

MSFS runs smoothly, with moderate settings. I will stick with P3DV5 for a long while, I like aircraft with a PMDG/A2A/FS-Labs quality.

#5: Re: So, what's up with the new FS2020? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:55 am
    ----
Thanks Gunter! I've been looking at upgrading at some point in the future. Wink

#6: Re: So, what's up with the new FS2020? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:57 am
    ----
Sounds good! Multiplayer works really well!!!

-> Officer's Club