New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#76: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:06 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- JG300-Stoopy
- fr8ycat
Congrats Stoopy!

I was pulling for ya, In between chain smoking, guzzling beer, cursing at my monitor and occasionally curling up on the floor in the fetal position and sobbing like a baby.

Thanks bud! And I'm glad you took time out to root for me during what sounds like an otherwise typical Saturday night for ya!

...and Fr8ycat earns a consolation prize of Viet incense for showing restraint and biting his lip while Stoopy guessed, stumbled, and wandered (eventually) into the right answer! Laughing Doubly so because he posted the question I won and and couldn't respond to mine (so be sure to put a return addy on my prixe package so I can send you your consolation prize...which you should forward to your dad...with my compliments).

LOL. At this rate, fr8ycat's gonna get a portion of all the prizes, lol. We should just put a "fr8y" tax on all the prizes Wink

#77: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:24 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- fr8ycat
Congrats Stoopy!

I was pulling for ya, In between chain smoking, guzzling beer, cursing at my monitor and occasionally curling up on the floor in the fetal position and sobbing like a baby.

Thanks bud! And I'm glad you took time out to root for me during what sounds like an otherwise typical Saturday night for ya!

Although chain smoking and guzzling beer is a typical Saturday for me, cursing at the monitor and curling up on the floor in the fetal position and sobbing like a baby was due to your answers and not being able to answer myself Razz

Thanks Ascout, return address is on your prize. Pops thanks you too.

#78: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:26 am
    ----
...an' he earns it, too! Richard has made some mighty fine contributions to members of this site...and he ain't even in a squad (though some of us think he has the right aroma....eau de Wilde Sau...to be an adopted (or conscripted) JG300 sort.

...and, for color, there shall only be the red...the sign of happy, lucky good fortune. White is the color of mourning (didn't buy any of that)...and gold or yellow...kind of offering thang for Buddha and such...only got one. Y'all are gettin' red.

Oh...for those curious about the incense makin' thing, I stumbled onto this while trying to get my color/occasion matching straight. I've watched this done and it's pretty amazing. When you hear the phrase "incense factory", in SEA, they mean anything from 1-4 people doing this by the side of the road:

grandpasgeneral.com/learnmi.html

#79: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:06 am
    ----
Ok I'll get into the game here with a little know fact.

See if you can figure out who was the only "Combat Arm" of the Confederate Air Force. These combat pilots were actually given honorary status in the C.A.F. and actually had the Confederate Flag displayed on their aircraft and uniforms.

(give em a chance Ascout Wink )

#80: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:20 am
    ----
Cool.....something to take some time while I fugure out the question (and prize) for my turn....may I start by saying, I don't know (REALLY) this time?

#81: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:24 am
    ----
Oh yeah the prize. How about an original Confederate Air Force patch

#82: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:01 am
    ----
Bullet, didn't they fly blimps over battles as reconasanse (sp?) missions? (no google, I swear :mrgreen:) I don't know many details, but I do remember some other trivia question about it being the first time any manned ariel vehicle was used in combat. I think the Union came out with their own version soon after.

#83: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:52 am
    ----
XcalibeR
During the war between the states the Confederate army may have used blimps or hot air balloons for observation.
The Confederate Air Force was established after WW2 to preserve in flying condition aircraft from that war. So this "Combat arm" was established after that time.
Good try though

#84: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:58 pm
    ----
Whoooooops... Mr. Green so close, and yet so far Wink

#85: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:08 am
    ----
Ok a hint.....
This Unit served in Vietnam in the late 1960s to mid 70s.

I think the prize is worth the effort because the name Confederate Air Force has changed to the Commemorative Air Force. Sooo the patch I have for the prize hasn't been made for several years...

#86: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:40 am
    ----
There is a reference in the Book section on this forum

#87: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:32 pm
    ----
Ok, I'm going to make it real easy. Here's a couple more hints
The first group has the same nickname the Confederate soldiers were called by the Union Soldiers( It's not Johnny Reb)Its a _ _ _ _ _ Yell
The second Group is named after a breed of cattle originally raised in Texas. Texas _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

"Bravo Company flew Cobras and Hueys. the Helicopter platoon was B Company, 1st Aviation Battalion, 1st Infantry Division."

#88: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:44 pm
    ----
Anybody, Anybody?

#89: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:43 pm
    ----
I swear......I just won the last round but somebody better take a shot at this....it's on the tip of my tongue and winning two in a row wouldn't be fair!

#90: Re: New Contest Suddenly, For No Reason!!!!! Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
    ----
I dunno ?????

-> Officer's Club