Fogie Field nearing completion
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:58 am
    ----
Now the Flying Fogies will have a place to ponder, reflect, contemplate, and drink til we regurgitate on our own shoes. It is located in the backwoods of Virginia, complete with tower, nav-aids, lights, and everything. Thanks to the hard work, dedication and sheer boredom of our own FF_RacerXXX. We will upload it to share with all who want to see how the other half live.

#2: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:12 am
    ----
Hmmmm.....sounds interesting! Sounds like a cool place to fly from my home base up here in Northern Virginia.Do you use the upgraded terrain mesh? Wondering if it will work with that.

#3: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:33 am
    ----

Piccies?

#4: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:31 am
    ----
No custom buidings as yet. I am still trying to figure out how to put them in. All of it is stock stuff. We have a concept of what we want to do as far as hangar and bar and adult book/novelty store, but I haven't been able to edit my building into the scenery yet.
img.photobucket.com/al...37/ff2.jpg

#5: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:04 pm
    ----
Hmmm!!!!! Interesting, what was involved in adding it as a recognizeable facility, may I ask?

#6: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:05 pm
    ----
Most of the creation process was accomplished with SceneGenX. I am not on my puter right now so I can't give you specifics on it. This proggy gives a myriad of options for scenery creation, including frequency assignments. The addin stuff is pretty much stock stuff, but has no impact on framerates. FF_RacerXXX is more knowledgable than I in the uses of this program. He did most of the work on Fogie Field. Recovering from a surgery left him bored, and the FS9 bug bit him HARD. LOL I will get him to join up here at CC to learn and help.
www.airportforwindows.com is the link I believe

Any help for adding buildings would be greatly appreciated. How was the scenery added at the Pigsty?

#7: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:02 pm
    ----
Hey StepChild, just a quick question. Is it possible to create instrument approaches with that program?

And I doubt this program does this, but does anyone know how to create AI flight plans?

#8: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:59 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Do you use the upgraded terrain mesh? Wondering if it will work with that.

Upgraded mesh? ooooo tell me more! What are we missing?

#9: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:15 pm
    ----
If I aint mistaken I can make a recognized airport and I do that in AFCAD.

#10: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: FF_RacerXXXLocation: Midlothian Va. PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:20 pm
    ----
Hello everyone

SceneGenX will let you do everything you can think of. Please do not hesitate to E-Mail with your questions. I am not an expert but I did stay at a Holiday in Express last night! Check out the final finished Ver. of FFHO by Emailing me I will send it to you. Very Small file onlt 14kb.....yes thats right 14kb.... also no noticable drop in frame rate!

#11: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:16 am
    ----
Cool KEWL !!

Welcome to Com-Central FF_RacerXXX !

We are allways interrested in addon fields that bring that lil extra !

as the file is that BIG ! Wink I presume it's like afcad with all kind of stock items used in it?

If it's OK with you, may we host your file on our server ??

many thankx in advance

fled

Com-Central r&d team

#12: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:22 am
    ----
HIya Racer!! Always good to see another fellow 'simmer' in the crowd! Welcome to Com Central...:D

#13: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:11 am
    ----
We would love to open the hangar doors to all who wish to visit. Niether Chris (RacerXXX) nor I know how to upload it to share. We will ice down the kegs of our favorite golden adult libations and await instruction.

#14: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:28 am
    ----
I'll try to make up a tutorial on how to add a download to the "Download" secton asap. It's really quite painless, but you need to have a spot on the web you can host the file from. Wink

Anyone can add to the download section, but an Admin has to approve it....for obvious reasons...lol

#15: Re: Fogie Field nearing completion Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:50 am
    ----
www.flying-fogies.com should be up and running by the 30th of this month. Until then, we will try to add custom buildings like the Pigsty has. (we are impressed with that locale) Nice work fellas!

-> FS2004