AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION
-> FS2004

#1: AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION Author: jg300-Deputy_DaleLocation: Orlando PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:59 am
    ----
This was an interesting alert I came across today. I think I will fly the closed airports this weekend in a hurricane hunter or the DC6

AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION
provided by the FAA's Air Traffic Control System Command Center Miami International Airport (MIA) Real-time Status
The status information provided on this site indicates general airport conditions; it is not flight-specific.
Delays by Destination:
Due to HURRICANE WILMA, the Key West International Airport (EYW) was closed as of Oct 22 at 12:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is not known.

Due to HURRICANE WILMA, the MKY airport was closed as of Oct 22 at 22:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is not known.

Due to HURRICANE WILMA, the MTH airport was closed as of Oct 22 at 19:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is not known.

Due to HURRICANE WILMA, the NQX airport was closed as of Oct 22 at 02:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is not known.

General Departure Delays: Traffic is experiencing gate hold and taxi delays lasting 15 minutes or less.
General Arrival Delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less.

This information was last updated: Oct 23, 2005 at 4:49 PM GMT+00:00
Glossary of Air Traffic Management Terms - A table containing definitions and/or descriptions of many common Air Traffic Management acronyms.

Deputy Dale

#2: Re: AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:22 am
    ----
If you're feeling adventurous and long of leg, I was departing Guarulhos (GRU) in Sao Paulo Friday night when it closed for one hour due to violent thunderstorm. We sat it out on the plane after boarding...astonishingly, boarding proceeded just prior to to the closure in spite of intense lightning. The plane was already serviced and catered, so no danger to ground crew, but some airports won't let any personnel on the jetway in a severe thunderstorm...I've had this happen in Chicago and Dallas.

-> FS2004