Connie.....?
-> FS2004

#1: Connie.....? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:25 am
    ----
I think I'm behind on my Lockheed Constellation, pretty sure the one I have doesn't have a VC, and I remember a while back, there was one that came out that some of ya were drooling over.

Does this look familiar? I don't see any credits as to whose it is:

www.fedexfreightva.net...Plane.html

#2: Re: Connie.....? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:54 am
    ----
Yep, the Connie we're using is in our download section here at CC and yes, it's the L049... Wink

I downloaded it and this is the same version (fsdzl049a_v1) we're flying and the original plane is from FSDzign. This file has been repackaged to include a new sound file set and the author claims it's much better than the original sounds. (45.2mb)

I would recommend getting the one from Com-Central download section as we have included a lot of extra repaints.

We'll check out the sound pack and if it's really better, we'll release an update to the Connie package and make it EZ install as well...:D

#3: Re: Connie.....? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:09 am
    ----
Thank you Sir!

Wasn't sure and there was no "pedigree" listed - yeah, I'll go with the Com-C download one, gots to have those repaints and Fled's packaging is, as always, superberino!

Fled, doet u een groot werk en de uitstekende dienst hier voor wij allemaal!

#4: Re: Connie.....? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:52 am
    ----

Wel Sir Stoopy,

we try to do our outmost to please the Com-Central members Smile

I'll check it out and if it's any good I'll tinker something up, if not, I'll leave it as it is Wink

stay tuned to this channel for more news ...........................

fled

#5: Re: Connie.....? Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:05 pm
    ----
Update on the Connie: I spoke with John Howard White tonight. He is back to work on the VC version of the Connie (L049/L649/749) after an extended break for medical reasons. It will be some time yet before any release as even the beta is not in the near future.

Other team members continued to work on many new features, effects, and special treatments for those wonderful engine operations. This will be a welcomed and groundbreaking features aircraft.

#6: Re: Connie.....? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:03 am
    ----
Cool

Great news Milton !

Thank you for the information we are very much looking forward to those additions for the Connie as it's a very fine aircraft, and one of my personal favourite aircraft to fly with, amongst a Howard, Beechcraft, Commander en some other prop kites Wink

and great to see you to Milton, seems a while since you visited us, hope all is well at your end.

take care

fled
Mr. Green

#7: Re: Connie.....? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 am
    ----
HIya Milton, thanks for the heads up...

As far as the sounds included on this particular download Stoopy, they're not really better than the originals. Fled and I checked the new sound files and found they belong to a multi-engine INLINE engine plane and the Connie uses Radial engines.

We also noticed an odd behavior in regards to the Flap usage. The sounds are for an aircraft that has multi position flaps and the flaps sound effects keeps looping creating this irritating electric motor sound running in the backround. You can eventually get the sound to quit if you click the flaps button enough times.

It really boils down to preference and if you like the new sounds, I would say run them, but by no means would I recommend them if you're the type that's looking for the closest experience to the real plane and the looping sound of the flaps will drive you crazy ...lol

#8: Re: Connie.....? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:03 pm
    ----
Thanks gents. I'd already decided to download from the favored source here, which would more likely have Milton's blessing, and I do get finicky when sounds are looping like that....it's hard enough to pay attention to what the wife is saying while I'm flying, don't need additional interference!

#9: Re: Connie.....? Author: MRC_Willy PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:35 pm
    ----
Just to let yall know, the lastest update is that we should start beta testing the VC version sometime in January.

Willy

#10: Re: Connie.....? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:34 am
    ----
Thanks for the heads up Willy, keep us in the loop if you will...WE LOVE this airplane... Wink

#11: . Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:37 pm
    ----
xxr

Last edited by berlopez on Sat May 05, 2007 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

#12: Re: Connie.....? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:41 pm
    ----
Beats me, berlopez, I ain't seen such an animal and after pokin'' around with it in FS9 I gotta admit I don't fly it myself, nothing against it of course just not my brand o'tequila.

-> FS2004