smoothest server on HL
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: smoothest server on HL Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:06 pm
    ----
gents AH has put up the smoothest server i've ever flown. i'm yet to get a single stutter. the maps are excellent as well. i think this server is between 50 and 100mbs down. i run a gig of ddr 400 on a 3mb dsl conn and it is smooth as silk. i don't regularly advertise for other folks stuff but these guys have spent some money and time on this thing. i think they are supposed to have a stats page up today or Monday. Cudos guys on a job well done. S~ btw this a few full switch server too.

#2: Re: smoothest server on HL Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:15 pm
    ----
(in the voice of Homer Simson)...mmmm, a good server...(droooling)...:D

#3: Re: smoothest server on HL Author: FAe_Pads PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:38 pm
    ----
~S~

I can heartily recommend the new Fallen Angels server too - configured for large numbers of players and not a stutter in sight...

TTFN

Pads

#4: Re: smoothest server on HL Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:47 pm
    ----
Hiya Pads and welcome to Com Central..

Good no lag server are hard to find, thanks for the heads up!!

#5: Re: smoothest server on HL Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:58 pm
    ----
I can heartily recommend the new Fallen Angels server too

YES I TOTALLY AGREE! The FALLEN ANGELS server by far has been the smoothest for me yet, and I think they have done a real nice job with the maps and missions!

S~

#6: Re: smoothest server on HL Author: airshowpilot PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:18 pm
    ----
WoW is the Schnizzle in my book.. !! No distracting icons is a huge plus and a no vuching rule is a huge bonus especially when joining a game and finding out your airfield is swarming with bees from the opponents side..

I hate joining a server and getting my plane vuched especially like Warclouds where they have a 3 and out rule.. This sucks because you join get killed a few times waiting on the apron before you get a chance to start your motor, then find out you have one death remaining before you get das boot!..

WoW is going back to roots of IL2 where the Eastern front game was when the game took off over 4 years ago.. Early plane sets and old school sticks from the original game..

I remember them when Tailwaxer gave the info about this game and I made the switch immediately full-time after the highly anticipated CFS 3 (AKA coaster for Stellas)

Play the original game , or download the demo and see how damn hard it is.. I flew full cockpit up until I learned how to turn it off in IL2 FB when the game went full force.. I forgot how to fly and had to re-learn to the old school IL2 game where such squadrons as the Asscats, Blitzpigs, made the UBI forums chaotic as all hell and made mincemeat out of this CFS1 Pilot.

My true love in IL2 was Greatergreen where it pretty much went South along with the old F-16 server.. Many guys got tired of babysitting the noise and flat-out quit hosting.. Euro, Slammin' and AFJ were fun- open pit servers.. (Slammin' was the most notorious but had a bad connection.. AFJ was highly competitive but much trash talk.. EURO was typically courteous (except Shades because he was trolling for nurses back on the Zone.)

Much has changed since then; especially the old Pilots lounge which is now called the General Forums. Now they are neutered and less exciting but I suppose it was due to politics..

I remember the old Dating game posts and the Minister of information posts which went south when the users were Banned,, The currently are alive and well and lurk in CWoS..

Oops B.O.T. --Lots of great servers , If it says Gennadich on the script it is going to be good .. They custom design their servers for this game..

BTW this is former FR_Dacripler from CFS 1 because I screwed up registration and had to think of a quick handle to post..

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters