are you shure your puter is free of spyware ?
-> Software

#1: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:00 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

If you want to be shure that no spyware is lurking around on your puter, check this out

www.pcpitstop.com/pestscan/

it asks you to install a active X element to make the thingy to work.

I hear you, No and this ain't a nasty bug, I've been visiting the PC pitstop site for years and they are a thurstwordy bunch there with our interrest at hart.

they have various test proggies, so there is something for all to test and check.

fled
Cool

#2: Re: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:26 pm
    ----
man i got a heap of stuff, now what? adware 6 aint touching these niether is nortot or avg????????

#3: Re: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 pm
    ----
if its spyware try using microsofts anti spyware it seems to get things that alot of others dont

#4: Re: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:01 pm
    ----
24 tracking cookies only. (one presumably from here). Is this a bad thing?

#5: Re: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:05 pm
    ----
i think the cookie you get from here remembers you been here and logs you in if you have that selected as far as I know and im pretty sure on this we dont track anyone

#6: Re: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:57 pm
    ----
Confused

Well as far as my expirience goes, the really nasty ones you'll have to toss out from the registry, also it states clearly where the files that go along with the "PEST" are all located so I know it's alot of work, but at the end of the day you'll have your system clean, and that's the issue me thinks.

fled

#7: Re: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:57 pm
    ----
- RCAF_MadDog
i think the cookie you get from here remembers you been here and logs you in if you have that selected as far as I know and im pretty sure on this we dont track anyone

Yes..that's the substance of my question. Many tracking cookies are for remembering you from previous logon. I assumed ours was "benign".

I'm guessing the others are too, I visit numerous websites that require logon.

#8: Re: are you shure your puter is free of spyware ? Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:10 pm
    ----
Me too and I have my cookies & history set in Firefox to delete after internet everylogout

-> Software