Helo BETA Tester?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  :| |:
-> FS2004

#61: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:32 am
    ----
I picked up the final version right after Bushy put it up on the server this afternoon. He did it just before the sunday flight. Haven't loaded it but if it is like the beta version I will keep it a good long while. fr8ycat, I noticed your name and I have another of your helos. It is a Bell Huey from the Crusaders. I liked the dedication you did on it at the site that I picked it up from. Another great helo. Thanks.

#62: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:16 am
    ----
- jo_wingnut
I picked up the final version right after Bushy put it up on the server this afternoon. He did it just before the sunday flight. Haven't loaded it but if it is like the beta version I will keep it a good long while. fr8ycat, I noticed your name and I have another of your helos. It is a Bell Huey from the Crusaders. I liked the dedication you did on it at the site that I picked it up from. Another great helo. Thanks.

Yea, the Old UH1C "Crusader" gunship.

My second offering (based on Jordan Moores UH-1 OSD. The first being the UH-1D "longknifes" slick which I was so proud of until Deanne Baunton released his awesome 205 and put me to shame LOL.

The Army version of the OH6 I did is also a fun one if you dont have it. That's what the civilian model is based on but they fly completely different. If you like the civy version you'll like the Army OH6, it has a working minigun!

Thanks for your input and glad you enjoy them.

#63: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:27 am
    ----
I have to laugh, I have both of them. I just checked out the Military Cayuse, and the only problem I saw was the panel. I solved it by putting the civil version, not the police panel in it. I like to have the power switches for the battery, fuel/start switch, and lights, not to mention that GPS. The new civil panel works like a charm there as well. I didn't remove it, just renamed the old one and put the new on in it. That might be something that will help in any more aircraft you build, make sure those switches are there. It makes it easier to turn on the lights and you won't run the battery down because you can shut it off in addition to starting the helicopers engine. Without the fuel/start switch, I had a little difficulty starting the engine. I discovered that I needed to put the mixture control to full rich, and the rotor pitch to full as well. I have had planes that the battery was dead simply because I left it on too long, or couldn't shut it off. I don't believe there is a key combination that kills it either, just the magnetos, and the cntrl+e key only works when the rotors are at full and the mixture is full rich. I do like the minigun effects. Smoke, muzzle blast and empty cartriges falling is a very nice touch. I did find that the aircraft that doesn't have the gun still had the same effects. That might be corrected in the CFG file but since all three versions use the same config, it really would be a lot of work getting it to be different. Minor stuff, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't belief if/then instructions can be put in a config file like that.

#64: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:21 am
    ----
Is a good point Wingnut. I never realised it because I obviously had the Gauge files (T38 & P38F) and it worked fine on my end. Out of the roughly 5000 hits, no one ever wondered or complained about missing gauges and/or switches so I never knew there was a problem. I think it was Stoopy that made me me aware of the ADF not working properly but I could be wrong.

None of the problems became apparent until the civy release because they both used the same panel with the exception of some minor changes. And although I thought about it I just couldn't include a GPS on helo's that dated between 1968-72.

But again a good point. Anyone with the Army version missing the ADI gauge or Master switch can drop the civy panel in there and it should work. If you choose to do so make sure you back up your current panel.

I will probably go back and look at it and make an update that fixes that.

#65: Re: Helo BETA Tester? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:18 pm
    ----
Oh yeah, thats why I just renamed the old panel to one that wasn't used in the config file, and simply used the civillian version as the primary panel. I know that they didn't use the GPS way back then, but I personnally like to know where I'm headed, and seat of the pants flying is not that easy if you don't have hard copy maps to work with to set your course. Sectional maps are great, but not everyone can buy current copies, though now there are copies on the web that you can download. I found them at AVSIM and Flightsim.com and they are accurate, just not current. Good enough for flight simming.

-> FS2004