An interview you might like to be a part of.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:19 am
    ----
Col. Frank Bell, USAAF (ret) has agreed to a TeamSpeak interview to discuss his 20+ years as a military pilot. His favorite aircraft to fly was the P-51. Col Bell is 80 years old, spry and a fountain of knowledge and stories. An afternoon spent with Col. Bell in a local restaurant, was amazing.
The time has not been set, but the date is Jan 8 2006. The TS details will be released as soon as we get them set up. I think all will thoroughly enjoy this visit with a real Mustang rider.

More to come...

#2: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:48 am
    ----
Thanks for the heads up Step...:D Keep us posted... Wink

#3: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:21 am
    ----
This sounds awesome, I would love to attend.

#4: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:43 am
    ----
Wow, that sounds great. keep us updated!

#5: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:44 am
    ----
Cool Cool Cool

Great !!

when is it ?

when is it ?

when is it ?

when is it ?

fled
Cool

#6: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:22 pm
    ----
I am glad to see such interest. Col. Bell is excited about being able to speak to our community. He has a wealth of knowledge and stories to share with an attentive group outside of the regulars at the restaurant that he frequents. An amiable soul and an extroverted disposition makes this gentleman an ideal interview subject.

I will confirm the time with him tomorrow (Mon) and post it here. The Fogies TS server is limited to 10 people for the moment, so I will set up my personal server at "stepchild.gotdns.com" as the IP

#7: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: FireStormLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:13 pm
    ----
promise I'll be quiet......

#8: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:21 pm
    ----
- FireStorm
promise I'll be quiet......

That is not the idea. LOL Feel free to ask anything you like. I have just confirmed with the Colonel that he will be available for us at 6 pm eastern on Saturday, Jan 7 2006. He once again expressed his enthusiasm and gratitude for the invitation.

Teamspeak will be stepchild.gotdns.com. Please log-in with your callsigns. When you address Col. Bell please state your callsign, as he is close to being blind and will not be able to read the TS window.

See you all there!

#9: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:31 pm
    ----
I'd love to

#10: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:59 am
    ----
Test LINK to the TS server

#11: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:31 am
    ----
StepChild, our TS server can hold 100 people and CC would like to offer you this server to use. It has the advantage of full bandwidth and we can make a special room for you if you like.. Wink

#12: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:05 pm
    ----
Thank you sir for the gracious offer, and I believe we will take you up on it. Give me a time so we can get together and work it out.

#13: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:31 am
    ----
105 missions in the love of his life. That's what he told me. He didn't care about whiskey, or women, or carrying on. That's what he told me. "All I ever wanted to be was a fighter pilot!" That's what he told me.

He volunteered for the US Army Air Corps at the age of 17. He wanted to be a fighter pilot. It was not going to be that easy. But, when he got into the cockpit of the P-51, he knew he would do whatever it takes to live his dream.

Mustangs in the skies over Korea... yeah there were jets up there, but the real pilots flew P-51s. Over one hundred times he took the old girl into the heavens and brought her back safe, because that's the way you treat a lady.

Driving an O1 Birddog isn't glamorous, but even small arms fire could bring you down to earth. Not a good place to be in North Vietnamese controlled territory.

The OV10 Bronco, a muscular little brute, goes anywhere does anything. Ask the colonel, he can tell ya!

Saturday January 7 at 6 pm eastern

Last edited by FF_StepChild on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

#14: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:56 am
    ----
Looking forward to it..

#15: Re: An interview you might like to be a part of. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:48 am
    ----
Sounds great indeed!! I'll cya there!

StepChild, I'm around most anytime, let me know when you're available and we set up a meeting prior to the meeting... Wink

Get your questions ready everyone!!!

-> Officer's Club