Some interesting stats...(and word to Russ Buchan!)...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some interesting stats...(and word to Russ Buchan!)... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:26 pm
    ----
Well, it's been like herding cats, but we have registered 100 new members in 48 hours, 75% of those in the first twenty-four. The new AFV DG members now number >15% of the entire CC membership. As far as I can tell, the highest recorded traffic day ever was January 24, 2006.....I shoulda' warned 'em about the stampede. The first advance of a proposal to build this forum was on the evening of Jan. 20...and my first post was the evening of Jan. 23....72 hours from "concept" to "implementation"....THAT'S what I call "service"!

Admins even took steps to try to keep someone online to approve all those new applications so we would have "no child left behind". A big round of applause for them!

I'm guessing that we can expect about 100 more trickling in over the next month or so, give or take...not a bad turnout!

And Russ Buchan- We've heard you've thrown a track and fallen behind the column. Not to worry, higher command has been notified, and I've put my best man, Agente Laranja out with a party to try to find you (or recover the body, whichever....) so hopefully either you or your next of kin will see this and find solace....
Expect an email from our admins trying to sort you out. If you have MSN messanger, let them know that and they'll try to help in "real time".

#2: Re: Some interesting stats...(and word to Russ Buchan!)... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:15 pm
    ----
Fire, manuever, and shock effect

Sounds like a perfect armor operation to me.

Thanks to everyone involved, and to those who woke up and noticed a bunch of greasy grimey treadheads suddenly in their midst but didn't close the chow hall or the O club.

I still remember the last days of Exercise Gallant Eagle at George AFB in 1981 (or maybe 82) when truckloads of troops from the 82 ABN showed up in our Air Force tent city and walked into the shower tents with all their gear on. as they rinsed off each layer they handed it out to be piled up. mud flowed out of the floor boards. They had jumped into the exercise area over a week before direct from Ft Bragg (Our F-15s flew top cover for the jump) and had been out in the field the whole time. We figured they could have first dibs on the hot water and the chow hall that evening (besides us flightline troops were too smart to argue with them)

#3: Re: Some interesting stats...(and word to Russ Buchan!)... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:20 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Fire, manuever, and shock effect

Sounds like a perfect armor operation to me.

OPSEC, Bob! What they don't know yet is that we're really acting as sort of a "fifth column" or "Trojan horse" to take over the website from inside! ("I suppose there's no harm telling you now, Mr. Bond, as you are about to DIE!")

Today, Com-Central...tomorrow....ze' Vorld!

-> AFV News Discussion Board