AFV Quiz Thingy
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:44 pm
    ----

ID Vehicle & Country of Origin

Cheers !

Dirk

#2: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:08 pm
    ----
No Clue, but I'll stab at it.

An Armored Truck made in England?

#3: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:16 pm
    ----
As my Russian comrade will say: 'Nyet' Smile

Here's a clue - of WWII vintage . Used in Northern Africa by Commonwealth Forces.

This vehicle has some link with the USA - Not with regards to Lend-Lease , but the OEM Smile

That's the give-away !!

#4: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:57 pm
    ----
Yup, that just about gives it away alright. South African Marmon-Herrington armored car, don't know enough to tell the exact mark from the interior alone.

David

#5: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:42 am
    ----
I was going to guess T17E1. That just shows my lack of knowledge huh?[img][/img]

#6: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:40 pm
    ----
Jeff

Thats WAAAY too much room for the Staghound. Besides the steering wheel is on the left. There are usually interior 'shields' which cramp the driver, to keep him out of the turret area. Don't get me going about the 'entry' hatch either.

I spent a little time in & around the one 'we' have here.

#7: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: Claymore PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:40 pm
    ----
Could it be a Canadian Otter?

Cheers.

#8: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:56 pm
    ----
C15 Armored Car?

#9: Re: AFV Quiz Thingy Author: Claymore PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:46 pm
    ----
No. The C15AA and C15TA are different but similar. The GM Otter was built in Canada by the Hamilton Bridge company on a General Motors 4*4 chassis. I'll try to find a picture and post it.

-> AFV News Discussion Board