Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:28 pm
    ----
actually I'm fine with whatever colors the group wants, but I really like the new features, private messaging, polls, etc., I think everyone will be fine with it once they get over the learning curve.

Jeff Lewis

#17: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: JimLewisLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:43 pm
    ----
I'm one of the three who voted "Other" - because I thought a color change to perhaps "green" would fit in under this poll option...

I was in the USAF - and this blue looks quite nice for that. Perhaps OD would look great for AFV's...

Jim

#18: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:53 pm
    ----
It's like trading an old Toyota for a new Lexus. The old place was comfortable and did the job, but it was pretty basic transportation. This new place is chock full of bells and whistles, and does take a while to get used to, but overall is a way nicer ride. I definitely like it here.

It looks like most people have figured it out, already, and those who have had difficulties have found the help and support they needed to get up and running.

Change can be good, sometimes. I think this was a good change.

#19: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Mike_Kendall PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:53 pm
    ----
Hi Doug,

I really miss the ease and simplicity of the old site. I would have preferred to keep it the way it was and have some sign in policy, or something. As far as I'm concened, this is all way too complicated and busy; I don't need no smiley faces and marque stuff messing up my mind. Frankly, if you're going to stay here, using this same general format, color really isn't an issue to me.

So, I don't suspect I'll be around much. Missing-lynx and others have a much simpler and more logical interface.

Adios amigos,

Mike

#20: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:26 pm
    ----
I don't care much for the blue scheme. I'd prefer something a little more "AFV-ey". Khaki or Olive Drab maybe.

#21: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: LavTech PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:07 am
    ----
This forum is actually very similar to all the "other" forums I belong to. I enjoyed the "old" format, but actually it was the only forum formatted that way, so this one is actually more familiar to me and find this one to be a little better with options etc etc.

Keep up the good work Doug.

#22: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:27 am
    ----
Thanks, LavTech, I needed that.

I'd hasten to point out, though, that the ultimate success or demise of this DG depends on it's members. I'm just the guy who, when we were flying in a storm of spam, found us someplace to land safely. Getting safely airborne again isn't up to me.

#23: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:53 am
    ----
Airborne?? Doug you're mixing us up twith the Wingie Thingie folks again (unless you plan on taking an M1 for a leap Smile

Take your bows though " For initiative above and beyond and computer technical competence above what is expected of a Crumudgion"

#24: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:08 am
    ----
- bsmart
Airborne?? Doug you're mixing us up twith the Wingie Thingie folks again (unless you plan on taking an M1 for a leap Smile

Take your bows though " For initiative above and beyond and computer technical competence above what is expected of a Crumudgion"

Sorry, getting my metaphors all geeked up again...

...and it ain't my computer technical competence at work here...that's the admins at C-C. I just did a lot of sucking up and butt kissing....to each according to his ability, I believe the saying goes.

#25: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Coldsteel PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:31 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I dont care so much about the colors - but I would prefer the old thread-view from the old board + the ability to use HTML in postings (so I can constrain picture sizes).

Neil

Neil, I don't know how computer literate you are but in amongst the buttons on the post form is one: <? that is used apparently to insert PHP code. PHP is just a server side scripting language used to generate HTML output and so presumably you can embed HTML in your posts using this instead. I haven't got the time to play around with it right now but I'll have a look later.

Doug, I think the colours are a little too Air Forcish, but I can live with it.

Cheers,
Michael

#26: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:38 am
    ----
- Coldsteel

Doug, I think the colours are a little too Air Forcish, but I can live with it.

Cheers,
Michael

I have it on good authority that admins are looking at the "green and mud-mover" brown combo. Sumthin' earthy.

#27: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:26 am
    ----
Here's my two cents worth, (again). This site is fine. We should all be grateful that we have it. Any changes you make that improve its looks and/or ease of operation, I whole heartedly approve of. I'm sure some of you remeber just how pi--ed off I was just trying to attach photo's here initially. However, now its a breeze once I've learned it. This DG has not only broadend my armor knowledge, but my computer knowledge as well. You're the man Doug, moderate away!

#28: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Alexblair PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:52 pm
    ----
Hi Doug
This forum is fine.
If you are changing the colour scheme please ensure that the back ground is light and the symbols are as dark as possible...I see some web sites that have dark backgrounds and dark symbols and the contrast is practically zero making them unreadable...This format is fine..
thanks

#29: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:02 pm
    ----
- Alexblair
Hi Doug
This forum is fine.
If you are changing the colour scheme please ensure that the back ground is light and the symbols are as dark as possible...I see some web sites that have dark backgrounds and dark symbols and the contrast is practically zero making them unreadable...This format is fine..
thanks

Well, I've had a glimpse of what our hosts have been working on, and I think you're gonna' like it (no AF blue, I promise). Think....more along the lines of AFV News colors and you get the idea. Everything would pipe over as is, so you'll all do nothing new. The contrast is good, and the tones pleasant. It tends to reduce glare and appears "simpler", somehow.

#30: Re: Poll time...appearance of the AFV forum. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:21 pm
    ----
...and it ain't my computer technical competence at work here...that's the admins at C-C. I just did a lot of sucking up and butt kissing....to each according to his ability, I believe the saying goes.

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I must have missed that part.......or where you over at bushy's sheep pen ??
Laughing

We tryed to help out a friend at Com-Central that had a lil problem, so we understand that some of you iron mud crawler thingy jocks maybe need some getting used to the place, but trust me on this one, once you get used to the different options we have available for the members here at Com-Central you'll feel at home and in real life when you move house you wil do a little recon of the place as well, won't you ?

Feel free to take a look at them wingy thing forums..............you may even like some topics we have there, and in case you have questions about various items about the board feel free to drop us a line or just post it up on the board, as far as we know there is no magic or voodoo involved to handle things around here.

Also on the subject of paint.............we are doing our very best to get you setup with a fitting "house style" but alas you know that in the real world paint needs to dry for a bit........so be patient it won't be long now

fled

one of them admins

-> AFV News Discussion Board