Navy Chevy 4X4 at Ft Irwin...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Navy Chevy 4X4 at Ft Irwin... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:52 am
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img]
I was at the PX today and when I came out, this was aprked in the row behind me. There was a guy on a cell phone leaned on the hood. I asked if I could take a picture and he said sure. Then I think he panic'd and asked why I wanted a photo. I just told him it was because I had never seen any new Army Chevys before. He then told me this truck was from the Coronado Naval Station in San Diego. He said the truck was the "riff-raff" truck of their fleet, because it didn't have the lift kit to sit higher that the other ones had. POOOOOR fella! Must be tough driving around a brand new, never been abused off road 4X4. What in the h--l is the purpose of OD paint on a naval truck!? It would look 100% better with 6 inches of lift and 35's, but it would still be a naval truck.

#2: Re: Navy Chevy 4X4 at Ft Irwin... Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:51 am
    ----
That one runs around here all the time...it belongs to EOD. The rest of their trucks all have lift kits and big tires.

#3: Re: Navy Chevy 4X4 at Ft Irwin... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:33 pm
    ----
That is a very similar vehicle to the Canadian MILICOTS (newspeak for military commercial off the shelf) aka the "Milverado". Issued to the reserves, when the Iltis was retired, and the Reg Force got G-Wagons.

The troops replaced the Iltis Jeep-sized vehicle (and trailer) with these extended cab pickups. This new light vehicle is now bigger than the official Light Support Vehicle Wheeled, which is an Italian IVECO 4x4.

-> AFV News Discussion Board