Reporting for Duty (Late)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Reporting for Duty (Late) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:05 pm
    ----
Just checking in and a special thanks to Doug for his help getting here. I am using the North Fort Hood MWR computers. I get 30 minutes a sitting. I hope you don't charge me with missing movement. I believe I had a good excuse. Hopefully I'll have time to figure out how to post pictures fast. There's some pretty cool stuff here.

Joe D

#2: Re: Reporting for Duty (Late) Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:48 pm
    ----
Joe,
Did you say Fort Hood? I'll be back there around June for my next duty assignment. Will you still be there?

#3: Re: Reporting for Duty (Late) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:21 pm
    ----
"Never leave a man behind."

Glad you could rejoin the formation, Joe.

#4: Re: Reporting for Duty (Late) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:17 pm
    ----
Jeff,
Saw the pictures of the tour you gave Doug. The place has changed a lot. In response to your question. I'll be gone from Hood by the end of Feburary/early March. Not in time to link up. Sorry. Question, How access do you have of the M60A3 "original" that you posted?

Joe_D

#5: Re: Reporting for Duty (Late) Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:23 pm
    ----
As a "volunteer" at the museum, I have earned their trust with many items, so I have gotton to do some things most people have not. The M60A3 is not padlocked shut, and sits beside the storage building that houses the M2 Half-Track. Doug actually got inside and took some pictures of the drivers hole, etc... What do you want to know about this M60A3? There's a chance I might know!

#6: Re: Reporting for Duty (Late) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:37 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Doug actually got inside and took some pictures of the drivers hole, etc... What do you want to know about this M60A3? There's a chance I might know!

...I can post those if you want.

#7: Re: Reporting for Duty (Late) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:42 pm
    ----
Sorry I dropped off like that, Jeff, Doug,
Yes, I could use some really good shots of the top of the turret. especially the wind sensor mounting and the unique bracket to hold it down along with the interupter to protect it. The bracket looks like a upside down "J" made of steel. If you bend the sensor mast down it will hook into it for stowage or "Travel Lock". The interupter should be located about the 7 O'clock position from the cupola made of 1/2 to 3/4 round steel. It would keep an overzealous TC from shooting it off. None of these features are found on the rebuilds as far as I know. Any interior shots would be appreciated too. Especially Data or rebuild plates. You can send them to me direct if you don't want to tie up the forum.
On a personal note, I dropped off because my wife called and told me my very good friend got shot yesterday during a traffic stop. It has not been a good day. The news failed to mention he was a Navy Vet.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board