Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: Dubliner PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:57 am
    ----
nt

Last edited by Dubliner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:16 am
    ----
- Dubliner
Bob,

I am directing this question to you with hopes that you may know someone that can answer it. When APG restored the Skeleton Tank did anyone take pictures to document the inside of the armored box (cab), rear gear box or the running gear components covered by the wood panels?

For those that don't know about the "Skeleton Tank" below is a link to the Landships website which documents the vehicle's history.

The American "Skeleton Tank"

Ask and you shall receive... Although these pics are post-restoration.

Gears

Engine

Driveshaft

Radiator

Neil

#3: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: Dubliner PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:45 am
    ----
nt

Last edited by Dubliner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:04 am
    ----
Sorry I didn't see this when you first posted it.

There are some 'before during after' photos of various vehicles that have been through the refurb program. I have some at home and will try to look at them tonight and see what there is on teh Skeleton tank. If I don't have any the folks at Aberdeen may have some more.

That restoration was a particularly difficult one because of the amount of wood work required. The trackways on that vehicle are almost all wood. and most of the original wood was rotten.

#5: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: Dubliner PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:07 pm
    ----
nt

Last edited by Dubliner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:34 pm
    ----
More images of it Guys...

I have this insane idea to make a full-scale replica one day.... in the meantime I going to have a go at a working 1/24 version after my current project is finished.

#7: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:51 pm
    ----
[img][/img]
Would this be the tank you are talking about? I just stumbled across this picture while "Googling".

#8: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:20 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button

Would this be the tank you are talking about? I just stumbled across this picture while "Googling".

Yes, that would definately be a "before" picture. Here's "after."

Neil

#9: Re: Question to Bob Smart about the "Skeleton Tank" Author: Dubliner PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:50 am
    ----
nt

-> AFV News Discussion Board