Help with Humbrol paint equivalents please
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Help with Humbrol paint equivalents please Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:04 pm
    ----
Hi Guys-
As I've mentioned in the past, Humbrol through the ages have changed their method of labeling their paints. This leads me to no small amount of confusion. For example, I'm trying to identify the following: 26, 117, 78 and 113. Can anyone, please, tell me what these Humbrol paint numbers are? I mean to say, what other names have they been given over the years? I have a large collection of Humbrol paints. So, it is quite possible that I have these in my collection with other identifiers on them such as HU---- this or that.
With thanks-
Geoff Steer [;-{/)

#2: Re: Help with Humbrol paint equivalents please Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:28 pm
    ----
Hi Geoff

try this web page, I hope it will solve your problem

www.fortunecity.com/me...umbrol.htm

Jeff Lewis

#3: Re: Help with Humbrol paint equivalents please Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:38 pm
    ----
Thanks, Jeff! I am also an old Humbrol user and had been wondering much the same thing. Still have a lot of old Humbrol colors from the '70's and early '80's in my paint box.

David

#4: Re: Help with Humbrol paint equivalents please Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:31 pm
    ----
Hi Jeff-
Thanks for the great site, I have bookmarked it. The site solve alot of my paint equivalent problems. Like I said in my original posting, Humbrol kept changing their method of labeling their paints, very frustrating when you want to know which is which!
Thanks again-
Geoff Steer

-> AFV News Discussion Board