SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#46: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: RCAF_Chivas PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:20 am
    ----
The RCAF and all those who had the privilege of knowing Tony will miss him. He was a stand up guy, fun to fly with and always had a good joke... to name only a few of his traits. He truly will be missed.... ~S~ Tony

RCAF_Chivas

#47: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Dugite PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:40 am
    ----
Sad News ,, Draken was a good guy allways had time for a chat,, Allways sad to see anyone go...

~S~

Dugite Aka SW_Dugite

#48: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: EURO_ACBrit1 PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:42 am
    ----
On behalf of myself, and my fellow Officers, I would like to pay tribute to a fine flyer and a good Friend.

Having had the honour to fly with Tony on many occasions, I can testify that he was a great pilot, team mate and wingman. He played a great part in many of the intense EURO v Shadow games and he was always one to watch in the game.

We share your loss and are comforted by the fact that his name will always be connected with great flying, sportsmanship and humour.

A great loss to the Community.

With Respect

ACBrit1
Officer Commanding
The EURO Group

#49: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Fifties PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:37 am
    ----
~S~ All,

We here at Joint-Ops wish to express a deep condolence and prayers to the family, friends, and squadmates of Shadow_Draken. He will be terribly missed. His Memory and Spirit will fly on.........~S~

#50: Draken!!!! Author: .ViperBiter PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:26 pm
    ----
Wow!!!.... I remmeber the days when we all used to be in ridge runners in cfs 1 and had to wait to get into ridge runners. Seems like just a few days ago but has been 5 or 6 years. I just wanted to come by and pay my respects to Mr Draken .... it hits hard when you are close to people. That I can't share with some of u but I shared alot of time with this man in the cfs 1 world. Was a great guy. I haven't talked to draken much since most of us left the cfs world and moved on to other games. All of us in com-central world all played the same game at 1 time now many of us have moved to other games. But for the btter I guess. Draken u will be missed my friend god bless.

#51: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: ViperBiter PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:28 pm
    ----
That above post was mine, I didn't now how to log into this new board thingy

#52: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:13 pm
    ----
i fixed it for you Biter

#53: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow Pigface PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:47 pm
    ----
This f'n sucks. Rest in Peace, Tony. Sad Sad Sad

#54: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow Pigface PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:57 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Banshee
I cant believe how this is affecting me i feel lost for words, not only has tony been my games buddy for nearly 6 years he was a close friend always there, even to the point of watching uk tv programs together at times, many times would a message pop up saying bbc1 quick! when some naked girl was on lol, we swapped menus even decided on what we were having for dinner, we also went thru both our divorces together exchanging thoughts and info on how best to do it.

Seems ages now since Tony came into a game in ridge and said hey Mick want me to get you in Shadow to be my wingman, after that we were both made up to be in such a fine squad, Tony lived for Shadow and the internet... Im gonna miss those quotes from tony "Mick ya twat"when i got things wrong "flyin or wot" and countless other remarks to blue to post,

to everyone here i thank you for your personal remarks on a great guy, Tony touched all of you in some way my sympathies are with you all.....

Tony you said once " u will miss me more than you realise you ever would" how true a statement, i allready miss your wit and moods. god bless dude..... n catch you later on the flip side!
"we had some fun dint we"

"Now the Pearl has gone home to the Dragon, And the raindrops give way to the sun. A new day glows red in the dawning, And the Pearl and the Dragon are one". (An extract from 'Farewell', written by M. H. Gould).

I guess it was in 99 and Draken was still in AoD as AoD_Cpt_Nemesis. He soon left and joined Shadow not long after Bush and I had joined Shadow. Unfortunately I never got to meet him in person, but talking to him on RW, IMing, and screwing around as Reverends, Shadows, and just bsing on IM will be sorely missed.

With the loss of Draken as well as Shinto, who I did have the pleasure of meeting, . . well, it just sucks. People mock us for playing "games," but obviously it's a hellfuva lot more than that. Tony was hilarious, and he fit right in with Shadow, and was always one of my favorite online friends, and wingmen. Crying or Very sad

#55: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:00 pm
    ----
Out of all the word's said here.I think Pigface hit the nail on the head.I keep reading the post's and every time im just as shocked as the time before.

#56: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: RAF92_STALLIONLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:27 pm
    ----
May angels fly at your wingtips.

I'll miss ya, Tony.

~S~

#57: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:43 pm
    ----
~S~...my condolances to Drakens family, friends and squad mates...it hurts inside when we loose someone who we develope a friendship with doing the things we love...

Blue Skys in Heaven Draken.....!!!!!!!!

Salute........

Hammer
Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#58: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: BS_MoSuse PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:07 pm
    ----
Long time no see guys............BS_MoAce called me last night to give me the sad news about Draken. Needless, to say, I was totally shocked and saddened. Tony was a great guy, and we had alot of long talks together. Can't believe he is gone..........glad you guys let me know though. I promise Bushy, I'll come back, lol. Yea, yea, I know, busy, busy, busy. lol. Talk at ya later guys, miss you, S! to you all, as well as Draken.
BS_MoSuse

#59: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: SW_Doc PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:01 pm
    ----
~S~ Draken!

I enjoyed the games.

Doc

#60: Re: SAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 am
    ----
I received this mail this AM and will pass on the info to the family and will post it at the end of this message. Also,Com Central is sending flowers in the CC name to represent all of his friends and family here at Com Central and I can't say enough about how much we appreciate all your support and comments...Here is the note:

I received this message and wish to pass it to you, could you please give me the list of names of his closest buddys from flying?

Please could you tell me who were his closest buddies on-line...if poss, I
will get the Vicar to read out their comments during the service. I would
also like you please to send the following out to his friends:

"We are very deeply moved and comforted by the many messages Tony's 'friends
of flight' have sent. He was the very man you all thought him to be , and
those who have met him ,will know that only too well how kind he was. We
know, that he will miss you all(for a long time you were his world) but his
spirit will live on. He will now join our father ('the pearl now joins the
dragon') and together they will soar high above us, watching and caring for
all those that they loved. He did so love being on-line and you all gave
him so much pleasure in what was a difficult time for him. Thank you so
very much for all your support." From his mother, brother, Ken, sisters,