Quiz Question Number One:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Quiz Question Number One: Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:36 pm
    ----
What is this vehicle (and the one next to it), and it what way does it differ from "standard issue"?

#2: I'm Back again Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:57 pm
    ----
That's easy,
It's a 2S3 (SP 152) and from what I remember a T72 ERA. But they actually are Plastic 1:1 models. That's all that was left of the old FMIG motorpool where they used to run the BTR60's, MTLB's and YUGO BMP's.

Joe D

#3: Re: I'm Back again Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:03 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
That's easy,
It's a 2S3 (SP 152) and from what I remember a T72 ERA. But they actually are Plastic 1:1 models. That's all that was left of the old FMIG motorpool where they used to run the BTR60's, MTLB's and YUGO BMP's.

Joe D

Joe...
You stinker....I should have disqualified all you guys who rotated through here. Yeah, they pass the 10' test for reality (the track is what caught my eye first) and then there was Jeff's lift-a-track-block-with-a-pinkie test. These vehicles are totally fake.

Shucks...and I was hoping to get some vitriolic discussion going about rivet counts and what headlight were and weren't on different models. A perfect flame-war wasted.....

#4: Re: Quiz Question Number One: Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:21 pm
    ----
Sorry..... I might have stayed out but I don't get to log on that much. I figured by the time I could respond again it would be old news. By the way, I was stationed there 87-89 before those things were bought.

Joe_D

#5: Re: Quiz Question Number One: Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:00 pm
    ----
That's OK, Joe...the judges will allow it. However, due to your "inside information", you don't get the new car, but instead win the consolation prize of your own copy of AFV News "Armor Quiz", which you can play with all your friends here!

#6: Re: Quiz Question Number One: Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:40 pm
    ----
Doug and I were hoping for a 3 page thread with people arging over what they actually were. What caught our eye as well was the cannons breech looked to be rusty metal bars. Tapping on the hull was quite a surprised as well. I've been here 3.5 years and never knew they were plastic, as they sit about 30 feet from the road. The connecting pins in the tracks blocks are clear plexiglass rods. I picked up a tread block with my pinky and we both busted out laughing thinking we had a good one to post as a "quiz" question. Here are a few more pictures of the "plastic tanks".[img][/img][img][/img]

-> AFV News Discussion Board