Kevin Wheatcroft Panther
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Kevin Wheatcroft Panther Author: RichardIsner PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:06 am
    ----
Hi folks,

Does anyone know the current status of Kevin Wheatcroft's panther? I was wondering if it was going to make a debut appearance at War and Peace, or maybe at Tankfest. I would appreciate any information.

Sincerely,
Richard Isner

#2: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Panther Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:23 am
    ----
Richard,

I am going to see Kevin on Friday so I will let you know.

Last time we spoke he told me that the tracks were on (new made!) and that they were doing internal fittings before fitting the gearbox (beautifully rebuilt).

Engines are not rebuilt yet (he is doing several at the same time, although major works are under way.

I would not expect to see it running until War & Peace 2007.

David

#3: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Panther Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:32 am
    ----
I think he is working on the Tiger for Aberdeen also. Can you check on it?

#4: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Panther Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:48 pm
    ----
Richard,

I can't seem to upload a picture, anyone have any clues?

David

#5: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Panther Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:06 am
    ----
David,

Read the "how to" guide at the top of the first page of the forum.

It's fantastic to have an inside source at the Wheatcroft facility. His restorations are by far the most interesting happening at the moment as he and his team are working on not just one Panther but on three!

Cheers,
Rik

#6: Re: Kevin Wheatcroft Panther Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:48 am
    ----
Rik,

I just tried to use the "add an attachement" in the posting control section when you reply.

But anyway, I have open a photobuckt account now.

The picture was taken yesterday, those are brand new tracks, Kevin has had moulds made to make tracks and also tyres (tires).

i49.photobucket.com/al...kwpand.jpg

David

-> AFV News Discussion Board