Dear Sergeant Lingle....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 pm
    ----
Shocked

Someone mentioned Pink Floyd here ??

fled

#17: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Got your vehicle right here, Pal. And advocated by noone other:

www.combatreform.com/l...tiontn.jpg

...and because I know you think I'm making this up:

www.geocities.com/militaryvehicles/

...where you can see the man his-self.....

He must not read much 20th century military history. A lot of European armies played around with bicycle infantry units before WW2 (Germany, Hungary, Belgium, the Netherlands, etc.). On paper it was a great way to provide mobility for infantry without having to invest in expensive motor vehicles. In practice, the bicycles proved to be of little use even in the presence of a decent road network. In Russia, where good roads were few and far between, most bicycle units ended up simply abandoning the bikes rather quickly, as they were more hindrance than help cross-country.

David

#18: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:04 pm
    ----
A BIG fan since 'UMMA GUMMA' came out....

Got to see them live 18 June 1988 in Mannheim at the 'Maimarktgelande'

Awesome show!!

BTW: Armor Content: Listen to 'When the Tigers broke free' in the movie but an unreleased single which is on a Greatest Hits album, (ah..) Disc!!

Last edited by Dontos on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

#19: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:07 pm
    ----
"Dark Side of the Moon".....isn't that where moonbats come from?

Actually, my favorite, bar none, is "Wish You Were Here".

#20: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:21 pm
    ----
Cool

Mr. Green

#21: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:26 pm
    ----
[sour grapes sulk] Razz [/sour grapes sulk]

#22: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:34 pm
    ----
Can you tell I'm a 'pack rat'? I have most of my concert tickets from 'back in the day'....

I never missed a concert. El Paso used to be a major concert stop for just about any band touring the US.

My first was ELP at the ol' 'Cow Palace' in El Paso....that was 1977.

#23: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:40 pm
    ----
No tickets, but I got pics from Bob Dylan/The Band concert in '74.

No memorabilia, but saw Hendrix & Steppenwolf in '69 and in '78 it was Bob Seger, Jackson Browne, and Bruce Springsteen in a three-week period...a good year for concerts!

#24: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:53 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
How about this one: The Sparks mobile

Oh wait...never mind. You were asking for an AFV. My mistake. Laughing

I do believe you are on to something. The Pinto fills the unreliability and pyrotechnic requirements, and isn't far off from the "Gavin" in the armour department.

It still needed something, though.

So with a little modification, i hereby present my first candidate for the M1313 Sparks (with bonus battle trailer!):

#25: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:56 pm
    ----
1979-81 was my 'hey day'. I had a late start though, I lived in Germany from 73-77 (I was 13-17 years old) Couldn't do concerts till returning to the states in mid-77.

#26: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:57 pm
    ----
- Jinx
- toadmanstankpictures

I do believe you are on to something. The Pinto fills the unreliability and pyrotechnic requirements, and isn't far off from the "Gavin" in the armour department.

So with a little modification, i hereby present my first candidate for the M1313 Sparks (with bonus battle trailer!):

I LOVE IT..... you can even carry troops or more ammo in Trailer!! BRAVO!!

#27: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:39 pm
    ----
- Jinx
- toadmanstankpictures

Excellent! Just add a bicycle rack on rear and you're good to go!

#28: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm
    ----
[quote="Dontos"]
- Jinx
I LOVE IT..... you can even carry troops or more ammo in Trailer!! BRAVO!!

I think what is needed now is a caption. And for that, if the moderator will indulge me, i shall open a new thread.

(Please feel free to modify this image in any way you see fit. Maybe add rockets or parachutes or flotation devices or adoring troops or.....yes, even bicycle racks!)

#29: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:32 pm
    ----
And after searching for an indeterminate number of minutes, i could *not* find my ticket for the Pink Floyd show in Toronto, dated September 21, 1987. Sad

I did find this one, though. (And no comments about the opening act! Not my fault!)

#30: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:33 pm
    ----

Had the pleasure of attending the Pink Floyd concert at Rotterdam in '95.

was awesome......and as afficionado have all the records ...........sometimes to my wifes dismay a play 'm a bit louder..........:lol:

fled

-> AFV News Discussion Board