Great page of dynamic pics, Consolidated AC, B-24's, PBY's..
-> Officer's Club

#1: Great page of dynamic pics, Consolidated AC, B-24's, PBY's.. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:20 pm
    ----
Click images to enlarge...

www.nosc.mil/sti/visua...tc40s.html

#2: Re: Great page of dynamic pics, Consolidated AC, B-24's, PBY's.. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:27 pm
    ----
Cool

WOW !! great pic's !!

Thankx !!

fled

#3: Re: Great page of dynamic pics, Consolidated AC, B-24's, PBY Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:45 pm
    ----
Gasp! WOMEN in the workplace??? What a disgrace!

Hmm... maybe it's not such a bad idea... Twisted Evil (can you blame the guy with the hat? doesn't look like she appriciates it much though :mrgreen:)

In all seriousness though, great pics!
I like this one though. Can you imagine trying to fit that many planes in a hanger like that? I count 13 B-24's with propellers attached, and they only go a third of the way down the hanger!

#4: Re: Great page of dynamic pics, Consolidated AC, B-24's, PBY Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:53 pm
    ----
- XcalibeR
Gasp! WOMEN in the workplace??? What a disgrace!
Can you imagine trying to fit that many planes in a hanger like that? I count 13 B-24's with propellers attached, and they only go a third of the way down the hanger!

...and most of those buildings exist today...built in 1935, they house the SPAWAR facilities out by the airport next to FEDEX. Right next to I-5...very distinctive.

Much of the wartime production of aircraft wasn't finished inside the buildings...a lot was done outside both at Consolidated and at Lockheed in Burbank...the weather was good enough that partially completed aircraft were rolled outside to conserve space and finished in parking lots, on roadways, etc.

The PBY's they just rolled down to the water at SD bay and in at the seaplane ramps.

#5: Re: Great page of dynamic pics, Consolidated AC, B-24's, PBY Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:10 am
    ----
- XcalibeR
Twisted Evil (can you blame the guy with the hat? doesn't look like she appriciates it much though :mrgreen:)

Goldangit......I just spent 20 minutes looking for a guy with a hat before I noticed the guy with the hat in your link, checking out the wahini working on the B24.....yeah, she's a babe allright!

The press operator at the bottom of the rghthand collumm gets my vote too.....she looks like she's a little tired and could use a nice thorough footrub......

Excellent pictures and an impressive operation!

#6: Re: Great page of dynamic pics, Consolidated AC, B-24's, PBY Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:47 am
    ----
- XcalibeR

Hmm... maybe it's not such a bad idea... Twisted Evil (can you blame the guy with the hat? doesn't look like she appriciates it much though :mrgreen:)

I don't think that's a hat....I think that's his hair! Shocked

"Brylcream...a little dab'll do ya',
Brylcream...you'll look so debonair.
Brylcream...the gals'll all pursue yaaaaa'...
They'll love to run their fingers through your hair!"

-> Officer's Club