Looking For Info
-> CFS3

#1: Looking For Info Author: TRTEX1 PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:05 am
    ----
I've seen different squadrons out there and am interested. I'm kinda new been playing on the CFS3 server and would like know more about the diffent squadrons.

Thanks

#2: Re: Looking For Info Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:59 am
    ----
Say hey there, TRTEX1! Glad ya found your way here!

(folks, TRTEX is a pretty decent pilot and recent acquaintance from CFS3 multiplayer so give him a good ol' Com-Central welcome fer cripessake willya? thanks!)

Well let's see what we can do for ya, Tex....a few that I can name for you that I know are still currently seen in CFS3 are:

The Flying Fogies (FF), whom you might have seen FF_RUFUS_THE_HUN in a few games lately, and some of his cohorts....website at:
http://www.flying-fogies.com/

The RM 303rd. Squadron is another fine outfit to check out.....not sure of the roster and CFS3 activity but they're good folks!
http://www.freewebs.com/royalmisfits303rd/

There's the deadly Iron Mule Squadron (IMS) of course, never to be forgotten....one HECK of a group.....Dakota and his kickin' mules play fairly late at night and can be found at:
http://www.ironmules.com/
..plus they also have a public forum here.

Those who get their kicks with an Axis flavor probably know about the infamous JG300 Wild Sau gruppe (ahem)....buncha smelly pigs, in reality....but damn proud of it! Also has the distinction of being CFS3's oldest and stinkiest Axis-oriented squad, with a public forum here and a website at:
http://users.skynet.be/JG300/
(We also fly non-combat stuff as well with our buds here at Com-Central, lots of Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 and plenty of add-ons).

There may be some others currently active (poke into the RCAF squad public forum here, you've no doubt run onto RCAF_1STRUN in online games, you might hit him up for info on the group he's currently with.

That being said.....the original heyday of CFS3 squad activity has kind of come and gone, there was a time when the skies were filled with different squads....admittedly, lots/most of 'em have transitioned to IL2/PF (aka IL2 Sturmovich and/or Pacific Fighters, both from UbiSoft). The number of people flying that sim online is pretty amazing in comparison now.

Although, it kind of seems that CFS3 is picking up a little bit from a recent doldrum, which may be due to more people having newer computers now to run what is actually a pretty resource-demanding sim....and the loss of Microsoft's Zone for CFS1 and 2 may lead some others to look into CFS3 again......with those and the new faces that some of us have noticed there may be something of a revival in CFS3, who knows?

Lots of us CFS3 old-timers still prefer the sime for various reasons we always can't explain....I'm sure I'll be flying it for quite a while yet!

Question for ya if you don't mind....Is CFS3 your first venture into online flight simming or did you fly any other sims before this?

In the meanwhile, glad you found us here TRTEX, so make yourself at home - hope there's some good info here for ya and feel free to shout away OK?

#3: Re: Looking For Info Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:50 am
    ----
Hiya TRTEX1 and welcome to Com Central...:chug:

#4: Re: Looking For Info Author: TRTEX1 PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:29 pm
    ----
Stoopy,

Thank you for your kind introduction to this group, and the info on the different squads. I've noticed that CFS3 may have had some better days but I really like the sim. I'm new to onlie gaming and CFS3 is the only one I've played. I've downloaded OFF and tried it a few times however WW2 is more my thing. I have also downloaded quite a few 1% and groungcrew aircraft and I'm amazed at the time and effort that people put into those fine additions. The online gaming that I have experienced has been enjoyable and have flown with many fine onliners including yourself. I'm starting to enjoy some of the harder games like the ones you have hosted, but sometimes just like to shoot things up. Some of the other squads I have seen are as follows Blacksheep, AARP and MOG.

I've got a lot of questions but before I post them I'll check the boards first. One however that you might answer is what is ~S~? Seems to be a friendly greeting and I was just curious. I look forward to flying with you and your friends soon.

Respectfully,

TRTEX

#5: Re: Looking For Info Author: TRTEX1 PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:32 pm
    ----
Thanks for the welcome Shadow

#6: Re: Looking For Info Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:47 pm
    ----
Welcome TRTEX to Com-Central and feel free to ask any questions and ~S~ is Salute

#7: Re: Looking For Info Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:04 pm
    ----
An Stoopy who is RCAF_1STRUN the name dont strike a bell in our forum lol

#8: Re: Looking For Info Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:46 pm
    ----
Yep, ~S~, S~ and S! are all forms of "Salute" and considered the "proper" greetings between friends and fliers of different/opposing squads.

I could be wrong but AARP became Flying Fogies (FF_) if I'm not mistaken. Can any FF here back me up on that?

Haven't seen the Blacksheep...interesting, and actually good to hear.

MOG is the Mission Operations Group and you're right, I completely forgot about them. Dangit. I have to admit I usually only do Team Dogfights instead of missions...MOG has a VERY good website and here's the link:
http://www.missionoperationsgroup.net/

MadDog.....1STRUN has been around in CFS3 for as long as I can remember. I may be wrong on the squad title (could be RAF_) but think it was right. I have flown with & against him many, many many times over the years and he's good people (and an absolute top-caliber pilot) so if there is any coincidence in his squad title and your group, I dont think it's intentional.

-> CFS3