Looking inside Windows Vista...
-> Software

#1: Looking inside Windows Vista... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:31 pm
    ----
As the time gets nearer for MS to release it's new OS called Vista, the beta testers are sharing some info along with pics. PC Magazine has released a story complete with a slide show for curious people wanting a 'sneak peak'...

Inside Windows Vista, Build 5308

By John Clyman

With today's release of the Windows Vista February CTP (Community Technology Preview), Microsoft has publicly passed a key milestone on the road to launching its new operating system. This release of Vista is "feature-complete", the company says, meaning that all of the fundamental capabilities that Vista will eventually offer are now baked in. Development efforts aren't slowing�the user experience will continue to evolve, bugs will get fixed, performance and compatibility will improve�but the basic shape of the operating system has been solidified, and from here on out we expect to see mostly fine-tuning rather than wholesale changes.

We've been running this latest release, build 5308, for a couple of days now,...

To read more and see the slideshow, Click HERE!

#2: Re: Looking inside Windows Vista... Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:13 pm
    ----
Thank you for the heads up, Jerry. Mr. Green
Well, more than reading the full article, I just looked at the pictures Razz
At a first glance, it's impressive - I just wonder how much I'll have to spend to get a machine fitting the OS needs Confused

Marco

P.S.: the aero-glass mode, that is one I really want to see Cool

[img]http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/12/0,1425,sz=1&i=120039,00.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Uhu_Rodion on Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Looking inside Windows Vista... Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:16 pm
    ----
Mmm...

[img]http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/12/0,1425,sz=1&i=120007,00.jpg[/img]

"Explorer Stopped Working
This is a recurring headache in build 5308: Windows Explorer crashed time and time again."

This one I like a lot less!

#4: Re: Looking inside Windows Vista... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:06 pm
    ----
Yep Marco, I like the way that looks too and it reminds me of a OS from Sun released last year. Kinda cool the way the transparent windows looks...

The second pic is all but too common in all Windows machines..lol

-> Software