Danish armor site....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Danish armor site.... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:34 am
    ----
[img][/img][/img]M 24 Tank. Delivered to the danish army in 53 & 54. Used as a Light Tank for the reconnaissance units in the armoured regiments and in the Light Tank Squadron on Bornholm

Here's an interesting site I found. Its a Danish museum at Oxbol and the majority of the pieces on display seem to be ex-American armor. It can be seen at; www.1jma.dk/Pics/1jmatankpics.htm. I'd love to visit this place.

#2: Re: Danish armor site.... Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:28 am
    ----
Jeff,
Thanks for posting the link. However, it doesn't work the way you have it. You need to remove the "." after the ".htm" It should work this way:

www.1jma.dk/Pics/1jmatankpics.htm

#3: Re: Danish armor site.... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:38 am
    ----
Again, thanks for the assist. I thought this was pretty interesting as well.

#4: Re: Danish armor site.... Author: clausb PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:19 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button

Here's an interesting site I found. Its a Danish museum at Oxbol and the majority of the pieces on display seem to be ex-American armor. It can be seen at; www.1jma.dk/Pics/1jmatankpics.htm. I'd love to visit this place.

Unfortunately, all the armour are in the open and have been for decades. A recent project for a proper museum have been shelved due to lack of cooperation from (tada!) the Army, despite support from the local community, the combat school, museum authorities and many others.

As for what equipment the Danish army have had over the years, take a look at www.armyvehicles.dk.

And to see what is left today, take a look at this site: www.drostrup.com/

Claus B

-> AFV News Discussion Board