Trumpeter's BR-52 tender just how common/uncommon was it?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Trumpeter's BR-52 tender just how common/uncommon was it? Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:37 pm
    ----
Hi Guys-
Jens had this to say about Trumpeter's BR-52 tender:
"I'm not too overly enthusiastic about the tender provided by Trumpeter, as the BR52 usually used the more rounded one, together with the curious smoke deflectors, Trumpeter's BR52 has a decidedly Chinese look to it."
My researches continue on this point, I'm just wondering if anyone can help by clarifying just how common or uncommon was the tender as seen in the Trumpeter kit? The Trumpeter tender is the same one seen in CMK's BR-52, I dont remember anyone saying it had any problems. While surfing the web for info on the BR-52 I have not yet seen the Trumpeter tender. I included Jens' comments on the smoke deflectors as these do not show up on any photos of German WW-II BR-52s. The smoke deflectors can simply be left off the kit as BR-52s could certainly be seen without them. Of course, you could decide to make your own as the shape seems simple enough and the attachment points supplied by Trumpeter could likely be adapted.
Looking forward to hearing from you-
Geoff Steer [;-{/) Rolling Eyes

#2: Re: Trumpeter's BR-52 tender just how common/uncommon was it Author: Indrakrishnamurti PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:51 am
    ----
Hi all,

The Trumpeter tender is the K4T30 version, called the Wiener Steifrahmen (Rigid frame) tender. The other "more rounded" tender version, Wannentender, is classified as K2'2'T30. The "K" stands for Kriegsausfuehrung, which is analogous to "Austerity" in the UK.

Which one is more common? The Wannentender is more common, furthermore, most BR 52's in post-war Germany have their tenders standardized on this tender. However, the Trumpeter style tender survived in Turkey (http://www.trainsofturkey.com/steam_engi_5w.htm), Poland (http://www.btinternet.com/~pmphoto/world/poland/vol1/pol09.html)and East Germany (52 6666), to mention some examples.

By the way, I wonder what is "decidedly Chinese" with this tender. China Railways never have anything looking close to this tender.

Regards,

Indra

-> AFV News Discussion Board