Keyboards under 20 bucks...
-> Hardware

#1: Keyboards under 20 bucks... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:10 pm
    ----
I don't know about you, but I prefer a MS Natural KB. I've been using this setup for quite a number of years and to go back to the 'elbows tucked in and wrists locked cockeyed' would be hard for me to do. This is a pretty good article on keyboards from ExtremeTech.

March 6, 2006
Six Keyboards Under $20
By Loyd Case

Six Keyboard Contenders

We actually went to retail stores to buy keyboards to test out. These are not one-off, Internet specials, and none were special sale items. Four were on the shelf at a local Fry's Electronics. Two were bought at Central Computers, a local white box outfit with three retail outlets in the San Francisco Bay Area. All the keyboards were under $20, and three were less than ten dollars. All were retail pack keyboards, not OEM versions.

Let's run down the features and prices of our candidates, from top to bottom in the picture above.

Manufacturer Model Name Width (in.) Depth (in.) Price (As Purchased)
Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 18.75 8.5 $19.95
Logitech Media Keyboard 19.25 9 $19.95
Key Tronic KT800PS2 17.9 6.5 $ 9.95
BTC Multimedia Keyboard (BTC5207) 18.13 6.25 $12.99
Inland Pro Keyboard Typematic 17.25 5.5 $ 7.99
Labtec Media Keyboard 18 7 $ 8.99

The Logitech and Microsoft keyboards were the most expensive, while the lesser known brands were the cheapest. The Logitech was physically the largest keyboard of the bunch, while the Inland was the smallest (as well as the lowest priced unit.)

[img]http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/12/0,1425,i=128486,00.jpg[/img]

To read the whole article: Click HERE!

#2: Re: Keyboards under 20 bucks... Author: Hangman PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:04 pm
    ----
I've had a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse for years now & can't imagin using anything else..they're like another part of my body...except black...and plastic...with keys...and batteries...and totally inanimate...umm..

-> Hardware