A Revisit to CFS3
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> CFS3

#16: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:15 pm
    ----
Sounds like just what I need. *Only* reason I dislike the 95% games - my eyesight is horrible as it is. I could have padlock on and be staring right at a guy and still not see him.

#17: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:43 pm
    ----
Well, like others here probably, I still have the NGNG download plane set. And I'm sure the author's email is in the readme. Should be a nuthin' deal to contact the author and see if we can retain the file on the Com-C downlaod section, and given the author(s) I remember at the time, I'd be willign to bet good money they'll have no problem with it, most all of the folks involved moved to IL2 but still have that "community spirit" and would like to see thier work enjoyed, I'm sure.....

#18: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:57 pm
    ----
Trick is getting everyone else in the community still playing to download and use from time to time. I've noticed 3 games running these days. The 3.0 non-patched ones (who knows why), the 3.1 version, and then OFF. All are pretty standard, few mission oriented with exception of MOG guys which is 90% time PW protected. Nothing fancy. Only enjoyment I get out of my fancy downloaded JG300 one o nine is in the Quick Combat!

#19: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:40 pm
    ----
Correct, it will be quite hard to get the community to recognize and download the NGNG planes, because a lot of arcade guys are flying CFS3 (the ones with 50% realism or below). I remember the days of STS and they did a great job of filling up 10 member practice NGNG rooms, and I would have to wait in line to get in. Would be awesome to get an organized similar match in.

Last edited by RAF92_Moser on Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

#20: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:10 pm
    ----
Most of the squad sponsored games going on right now are the ones that are below 50% unfortunately. And again, unfortunately, that seems to bee where all the competition is. IMS is one of the few folks running a challenging game around 90-95%.

#21: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:04 am
    ----
If all else fails, I can do a set of repaints for NGNG. Due to networking and security issues as yet unresolved, my 90% games are unavailable. But, whenever I catch the Mules online, I try to join in the fun.

#22: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:21 am
    ----
CC would be happy to host all the NGNG files if you wish. I took a brief look around the archives and didn't see those files, does anyone have them?

#23: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:40 pm
    ----
Yeah, I have 'em (I keep everything). README says, originally created by STS_Predator and member of the FOE squadron, and for freeware use ony. Sounds OK?

#24: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:44 pm
    ----
Sounds great!! Zip' m if you will and send 'm on over...:D

#25: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:51 pm
    ----
Will do.....

#26: Re: A Revisit to CFS3 Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:45 am
    ----
jumped into cfs3 last night and was pleasantly surprised to see in excess of 10 games being hosted.....got into an IMS game with 3 of them,,,,stepchild was in there and an unknown to myself going by the name Jarvis or something like that,,,,started with a J anyways,,,,,,and he was kiggin butt too.....he was my team mate and made up for my slack I tell ya.......

none the less....CFS3 is picking up and I think we should all do our part to regain its former glory,,,that goes for all ya' fellers' out there who were and are playing cfs1 and 2....time to cut that out and start anew.......lol.....enough said.....from this moment on till prolly early mornin hours Im going to jump in ,,,,,,,will also be on TS....join me willl ya's!!!!!!!!!

-> CFS3