OK Name THIS plane, heheh!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:34 pm
    ----
OK, nothing to google and no markings to go by...durn few details at all!

Your challenge, if you care to, is to name this plane - actually, name what it would be if I had finished it.....its a GMAX project that I set aside and might complete someday. And no it s not a fictional aircraft.

Yep, I know the odds of anyone getting it on the first shot are incredibly low.....should be a matter of guessing it down from a few possibilitites. How close can you get?

#2: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:34 pm
    ----
H-1 Hughes racer thingy?

#3: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: MrdcLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:37 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
H-1 Hughes racer thingy?

Thinkin the same

#4: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:38 pm
    ----
Wink

Streched GeeBee ??

Laughing

fled
Wink

#5: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:49 pm
    ----
Whoa! VERY good guesses from the pro's!!

Taking a look at the portions of the 3-view that you can barely see at the top, you'll notice brace wires going to the landing gear...the Hughes H-1 had retractable gear and so also wouldn't need the fancy wheel pants. Fled has the closest guess...looking for make and model type!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: FireStormLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:54 pm
    ----
Isn't it great what Jefferey Jr. has got us doing?

Lessee... not a GB...radial engine monoplane with fixed gear....

I'm thinkin' Japanese....

#7: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:55 pm
    ----
Gettin' colder, FireStorm....

#8: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:56 pm
    ----
Similar to GB model "Y", but that had fixed struts (or covered wires) and valve clearance bumpy things on the cowl, not modeled in your view...

#9: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:59 pm
    ----
I know it's not right (unless you screwed up on your landing gear, and havn't done much to the empannage :P), but is a Turner RT-14 "Meteor" anywhere close?

And no guys, it's not the H-1, the H-1 has retractable gear, this one doesn't.

#10: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:03 pm
    ----
Laughing

neah !!

I'm not gonna spil the beans Laughing

fled
Laughing

#11: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:13 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Laughing

neah !!

I'm not gonna spil the beans Laughing

fled
Laughing

Was that a yes or a no? LOL

#12: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:54 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Similar to GB model "Y", but that had fixed struts (or covered wires) and valve clearance bumpy things on the cowl, not modeled in your view...

DING DING DING!!!!! That's it!!!

I give partial credit to Fled as well becuase, a faux pas on my part, I could have said he guessed the manufacturer correctly in his first guess. At the moment, I thought he simply meant stretched "GeeBee Z or R" as a generic plane type, as so many people think of it.

The struts and cowl bumps are simply details I hadn't gotten down to adding at that point. It was only roughed out (witness the squared-off edges of the tail surfaces). The fairings between the wing and fuselage were the nightmare I was looking at when I left off.

The Model Y was exactly correct - the Laird-Turner Meteor, Roscoe Turner's last Thompson Trophy ride, is also a very very good guess because the airframes end up being so similar, although that was more of a mid-wing design.

#13: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: FireStormLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:19 pm
    ----
hmmm.... Stoop wasn't done modeling as he said..and I'm thinking Doug's got it.....Granville Brothers after all...

I suspect Fled knows!!! LOL spill the beans...

#14: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: FireStormLocation: Quebec PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:30 pm
    ----
guess I should refresh screen before answering...25 mins AFTER the bell!

#15: Re: OK Name THIS plane, heheh! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:42 pm
    ----
Laughing
Laughing
Laughing
Laughing
Laughing
Laughing

-> Officer's Club