Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:22 pm
    ----
Not my auction, but I heard about this yesterday. Unfortunately, they're being sold together. Its a good opportunity for someone that wants a complete set and/or to repackage & sell individually...

Neil

"I am listing these on behalf of the Ordnance Museum Foundation at Aberdeen Proving Ground MD. This lot consists of about 45 rolls m/l of Blue Print copies that were made years ago by the Ordnance Museum from the originals still in the Museum Collection. The Museum is retaining one set of copies but needs the room so all the others must go. Some rolls have just a few blue prints, some have 20 plus blue prints. The pictures are a sampling of what they contain, various views of M4A6 Med Tank, M4A2 Med Tank, M2A1 Med Tank, M2 Combat Car, M13 Motor Carriage Half Track, M5 Personnel Carrier, T28 Super Heavy Tank, M10 Motor Carriage, LVT, M31 Recovery Tank, Duece, and many more. I did a quick check of the rolls with the Museum Foundation staff and it appears that there is some moisture stains on some of them, but all that we saw looked readable, no evidence of mildew. Some appear to have duplicates, others are single copies. Lots of detail on these blue prints, excellent for modelers, collectors, vehicle enthusiasts.

"I can arrainge for the buyer to make his payment directly to the Museum Foundation, it is a 503 (c) non-profit so perhaps it could be claimed as a partial or full tax donation, but you would have to verify this wth your tax professional. You can pay me directly via paypal and I will transfer the funds to the Museum, my only interest is donating my services to the Museum by listing these, shipping is to any US location. Other locations including APO addresses email me for quote. Sale of these prints go towards the restoration of the vehicles at the Ordnance Museum. If you are nearby and want to inspect the blue prints, send me an email and we'll make an appointment, no problem, but please don't wait until the last day.

"Best offers also accepted."

cgi.ebay.com/Stuart-Ta...dZViewItem

#2: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:06 pm
    ----
United States only? Another person who thinks the world ends on the east and west coasts of the USA?

Anyway anyone know if there are the plans for the skeleton tank amongst them? I wouldn't be averse to buying themn seperatly if they were amongst them?

#3: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:20 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
United States only? Another person who thinks the world ends on the east and west coasts of the USA?

Anyway anyone know if there are the plans for the skeleton tank amongst them? I wouldn't be averse to buying themn seperatly if they were amongst them?

Jim, these are copies made from original US Ordnance Corps blueprints. You'd have to look to Bovington, Saumur, etc for other countries' blueprints of course...

It does not include Skeleton Tank blueprints.

From the Nov 92 issue of Museum Ordnance, the following blueprints were reproduced. These may or may not be included in the lot being sold:

M1 Combat Car
M1A1 Combat Car
M2 Combat Car
M2 Medium Tank
M2A1 Light Tank
M2A1 Medium Tank
M2A2 Light Tank
M2A3 Light Tank
M2A4 Light Tank
M3 Light Tank
M3 Medium Tank
M3A1 Light Tank
M3A1 Medium Tank
M3A1 Gun Motor Carriage
M3A3 Light Tank
M3A3 Medium Tank
M4A2 Medium Tank (75)
M4A2 Medium Tank (76)
M4A6 Medium Tank
M5 Personnel Carrier
M5A1 Light Tank
M10A1 Tank Destroyer
M7 Snow Tractor
M13 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage
M20 Rocket Launcher
M31 Tank Recovery Vehicle
M44E1 Armored Utility Vehicle
T2 Cargo Carrier
T3 Light Tank
T3E1 Light Tractor
T4 Medium Tank
T12 Tank Recovery Vehicle
T14 Recovery Vehicle
T15 Light Cargo Carrier
T22E1 Cargo Carrier
T25E1 Medium Tank
T28 Super Heavy Tank
T30 Cargo Carrier
T36 Snow Tractor
T40 Medium Tank
LVT1 Landing Vehicle
LVT2 Landing Vehicle
LVT4 Landing Vehicle

Neil

#4: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:51 pm
    ----
Thanks Neil!

Do you happen to know if the museum possess any blueprints of the Skeleton tank?

#5: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:09 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Thanks Neil!

Do you happen to know if the museum possess any blueprints of the Skeleton tank?

Dont know, but doubt it. I could be wrong, but these blueprints seem to be from the 1930s & 40s - when the Ordnance Corps was in the business of designing vehicles. The Skeleton Tank & other vehicles of WWI-1920s were designed by private industry. No Holt or Cunningham blueprints...

Similarly, note the presence of the T4 medium - which was built by Rock Island Arsenal stealing from JW Christie's own design... But no actual Christie designs/blueprints...

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:51 pm
    ----
FYI, the auction ends today. I am starting to wonder if they will sell...

Neil

#7: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:35 pm
    ----
I noticed he changed his market from USA only to the World!

#8: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:30 pm
    ----
I made them an offer on just one set of the plans and was ignored...

#9: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:53 pm
    ----
Unfortunately, due to manpower/time issues, they're not looking to split up the set - the actual foundation staff is very small. There's really just one guy who is helping them try to sell these. Basically its a good opportunity for someone else to buy them and then split them up for resale in turn...

Neil

#10: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay Author: panthertank PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:56 am
    ----
Hm, I can offer only 5 dolla. But I will love them long time! Wink

#11: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:04 am
    ----
Looks like it just reset, available for another 30 days...

Neil

#12: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:29 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Looks like it just reset, available for another 30 days...

Neil

Any ideas what actually are included in the lot?

(hmmmm Cool )

#13: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:27 pm
    ----
From the description:

"M4A6 Med Tank, M4A2 Med Tank, M2A1 Med Tank, M2 Combat Car, M13 Motor Carriage Half Track, M5 Personnel Carrier, T28 Super Heavy Tank, M10 Motor Carriage, LVT, M31 Recovery Tank, Duece"

May or may not include some/all of the following:

M1 Combat Car
M1A1 Combat Car
M2 Combat Car
M2 Medium Tank
M2A1 Light Tank
M2A1 Medium Tank
M2A2 Light Tank
M2A3 Light Tank
M2A4 Light Tank
M3 Light Tank
M3 Medium Tank
M3A1 Light Tank
M3A1 Medium Tank
M3A1 Gun Motor Carriage
M3A3 Light Tank
M3A3 Medium Tank
M4A2 Medium Tank (75)
M4A2 Medium Tank (76)
M4A6 Medium Tank
M5 Personnel Carrier
M5A1 Light Tank
M10A1 Tank Destroyer
M7 Snow Tractor
M13 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage
M20 Rocket Launcher
M31 Tank Recovery Vehicle
M44E1 Armored Utility Vehicle
T2 Cargo Carrier
T3 Light Tank
T3E1 Light Tractor
T4 Medium Tank
T12 Tank Recovery Vehicle
T14 Recovery Vehicle
T15 Light Cargo Carrier
T22E1 Cargo Carrier
T25E1 Medium Tank
T28 Super Heavy Tank
T30 Cargo Carrier
T36 Snow Tractor
T40 Medium Tank
LVT1 Landing Vehicle
LVT2 Landing Vehicle
LVT4 Landing Vehicle

I would think this would be a good opportunity for the Patton Museum - they could buy the set and then spilit them up for resale.

Neil

#14: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:03 am
    ----
And they're gone!:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...%3AIT&rd=1

Hmm... donmor3... I wonder if that could be someone I know...

Neil

#15: Re: Anyone want a whole "LOT" of Armor Blueprints? - on Ebay... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:16 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Hmm... donmor3... I wonder if that could be someone I know...

Neil

Yeah, sounds like some kind of shady character out to corner the market in the shadowy underworld of archival blueprints for obsolete vehicles. Someone like that bears keeping an eye on... Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board