Try out VNTR to VNLK... grass runways with high terrain
-> FS2004

#1: Try out VNTR to VNLK... grass runways with high terrain Author: jg300-Deputy_DaleLocation: Orlando PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:23 pm
    ----
hey dudes,

I have stumbled upon a challenging landing, reminiscent of CFS3 mountain terrain. set your flight planner from VNTR to VNLK. I wouldn't turn on the autopilot, less you want to faceplant a few mountains. use your gps with terrain detail to find the southwestern approach.

Deputy Dale

#2: Re: Try out VNTR to VNLK... grass runways with high terrain Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:18 pm
    ----
Smile I've been there a couple of times! The only way in is through the valley, then a sharp right into what is little more than a crack in the side of the mountain!

#3: Re: Try out VNTR to VNLK... grass runways with high terrain Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:13 pm
    ----
...and if you think it's fun in a plank, try it in a helicopter. The 206 full of fuel waddles around like a drunken sailor at 9,100' (and I thought my Roraima Spy Prison was tough at 7,300...)! This looks like Anomaly Airways territory.

What it most reminds me of is Barcelonette in CFS3....if we could only do "Cheapshot" in here with helicopters! Wink

#4: Re: Try out VNTR to VNLK... grass runways with high terrain Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:21 am
    ----
Hi Dale!

Is that Lukla in Nepal? Do a google search on Lukla - there are some great 'real' pictures of the airstrip - no wonder you can only get a Twatter in there!!

btw, I've got Marco to promise getting the airstrip on the World tour!

Another nice short trip for you to try - not as 'mountainous' as yours admitted - is from Queenstown to Milford Sound in New Zealand. Not too nice in cloudy conditions!

H

#5: Re: Try out VNTR to VNLK... grass runways with high terrain Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:48 am
    ----
- Uhu_Deenee
...no wonder you can only get a Twatter in there!!

With a little practice, you can even get Milton's Howard in there! You just have to get good at three point landings. Be careful though, the tail stalls first, so if you slow too much at low altitude, there's no chance for recovery! Shocked

-> FS2004