Storms in our area lastnight
-> Officer's Club

#1: Storms in our area lastnight Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm
    ----
We had some really bad weather here. Bushs home town utilities were hit hard and he probably wont have power for a fue days.

#2: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:31 pm
    ----
That's not good, hope all are safe there Ed.

We'll raid ............ eerrm ......... mind the shop as long as he's out . Laughing

tell 'm we said Hi and GL.

fled

#3: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:17 pm
    ----
Rgr that - Hope all is well over there...

H

#4: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: 251_Senyu_IJNLocation: Xenia,Ohio PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:36 pm
    ----
Yes hope everything is ok,

I was holding my breath last few days myself. Anyone remember April 3rd 1974? and the tornado's on that day? Shocked

Well I live in Xenia, Ohio and on this day in 1974 i was 14 and had just gotten home from school, thank god it didnt hit my house, but the town was forever changed since then.

So I feel your pain! Crying or Very sad

#5: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:11 am
    ----
HI Fellas!

Yep, a tornado hit 1/2 mile from the house and blew down barns and utility poles in a wide area. To my knowledge nobody was hurt, just some structural damage. I was 'offline' for 26 GRUELING hours...( Uhm, do you think I'm addicted?...lol)

The whole town I live in didn't have electricity, lucky for "Bush's" house, we had camping equipment that made the event easier to adjust to.

Anyhow, WOOOHOOO...back online and now to address those 50 emails...lol Wink

#6: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:06 am
    ----
I know that feeling, I had something like that Thursday, tornado. I was also off line for 6 months when my computer was being rebuilt last year, and I was getting frantic. I would watch the planes that went overhead on a regular basis.

#7: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:05 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
I was 'offline' for 26 GRUELING hours...( Uhm, do you think I'm addicted?...lol)

Glad to see you made it back in one piece Bushy Smile

In the meantime we've looked after the shop for ya............................. Rolling Eyes

fled

#8: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:07 am
    ----
Don't tell him who looked after the donuts.

() :o)

#9: Re: Storms in our area lastnight Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:56 pm
    ----
Xenia, Ohio, 1974. I was 12 years old and lived on Oakwood, right beside Dayton at the time. I remember that night. When I was in the Ohio National Guard in Delaware, (20 mile north of Columbus). There was a wall clock in a display case in our armory that was from the Xenia Armory at the time. It had fallen and was broken with its time frozen when it hit the floor. I can't re-call the time but I always found it interesting since I remembered that night.
Last night, here at Fort Eustis, that storm came through that swept across the US. We had winds of 35-40mph and got about .60 of rain. Not bad but the lightning was pretty heavy.

-> Officer's Club