okay,,,,I am officially old now
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: okay,,,,I am officially old now Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:54 am
    ----
hey guys,,,,,,,,,well.....just went to a concert tonite here in red deer,,,,,Motley crue to be exact......for a band of their calibre to do a show here in red deer...a town of about 70,000 people,,,it was a pretty significant event,,,,,,,they are on the final leg of the carnival of sins tour doing a number of small venues throughout canada,,,you know,,,average a couple thousand people in size,,,,,,was very very cool indeed,,,,

But for cryin out loud,,,,I am actually sitting here right now deaf as a stone,,,,all I can hear is ringing and the numbness dont help either.....I have seen many a concert in my day,,,,including the crue some years ago.....but never was a concert so damn loud.....I loved it,,,,,,but does the fact I have temporarily lost my hearing mean I am really old now????????

anywhoo..........just sitting here still vibing so thought I would share that with ya'll...........if you get a chance to see them in a small venue,,,,I highly recommend it,,,,,,,,if you dont mind all the lil' boobies, explosions and general craziness that goes along with a crue concert

#2: Re: okay,,,,I am officially old now Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:31 am
    ----
LOL Hoppa, welcome to the 'OGC'. (Old Geisers Club)..lol

#3: Re: okay,,,,I am officially old now Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:43 pm
    ----
- JG300-Hoppa
lil' boobies

Oooh...no...I hate those! Wink

Know what you mean, though....I had that same experience at a Bob Seger concert in 1978(!)....and that was in the same month as a Springsteen concert tour ("Darkness on the Edge of Town") and Jackson Browne ("Running on Empty") so it wasn't age, those other guys were just right...some performers mistake sound pressure level for....something else, sometimes, and Bob made my ears actually hurt. Almost walked out...

#4: Re: okay,,,,I am officially old now Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:11 pm
    ----
Seen Robin Trower many times and always caught him when I could.....huge fan....and it's odd, I don't know who should feel older when I see him....me, or him, because I'll tell ya he's lookin' pretty crusty now....never was very easy to look at to begin with, but migod!

He can play like a mutha tho!!!

Loudest concert: Cheap Trick at the San Bernardino Orange Show, none of us could hear for the next two days. And I remember some stupid parent even brought a BABY to that...Sheeesh!!

Here's RT today.....(couple years ago maybe)....

An' he wasn't much easier on the camera even as a young pup back in the Procul Harem days...essentially if you go to see this guy (which I highly recommend you do), get ready for some great music but bring dark glasses...real dark.....sit a ways back from the stage....

...Still feel old now Hoppa??

#5: Re: okay,,,,I am officially old now Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:30 am
    ----
lool.....nope,,,,,the ringing eventually quit and all is better now I think,,,as for feeling old,,,I feel much hbetter about that now and I'll tell ya how I did it........

having lunch today I got to talking about the concert with all the guys from work,,,,,half of them being cranky ol' truckers that think their CB radio is music I guess......cause after saying that I had a helluva time at a rock concert, some of the responses and body language basically made me feel like a kid again,,,,,,,actually felt rather good..... Wink

all I gotta do now is figure out how to get this one rather fast growing hair to stop growing in my ear.....at this rate we in JG300 will soon hold all the titles for humungous hairs pulled from sensory organs eh Stoop...lol....... Shocked

#6: Re: okay,,,,I am officially old now Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:35 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
....he wasn't much easier on the camera even as a young pup back in the Procul Harem days...essentially if you go to see this guy (which I highly recommend you do), get ready for some great music but bring dark glasses...real dark.....sit a ways back from the stage....

Yeah, well...you seen a pic of Linda Ronstadt lately? Hint: Don't bother with dark glasses....bring a harpoon (and noise-cancelling headphones).

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum