Wireless moves into the 'n' age!
-> Hardware

#1: Wireless moves into the 'n' age! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:09 pm
    ----
IF anyone is into wireless, and who isn't these days, this is interesting as D-Link moves into the 100mbs range... Wink

D-Link Preps First 802.11n Products
By Nate Mook, BetaNews
April 5, 2006, 1:25 PM

D-Link on Wednesday said it planned to deliver its first 802.11n capable wireless devices by the end of April, heralding the arrival of the next-generation wireless standard. Although 802.11n has not yet been finalized, hardware manufacturers are using draft specifications with ratification expected soon.

802.11n promises wireless speeds of up to 100Mbit per second, with the potential for much higher throughput in future updates. Using a technology called MIMO, or multiple-in, multiple out, an 802.11n device could have multiple antennas that handle more than one data stream at a time, thus speeding the transfer of data tremendously.

To read the whole story: Click HERE!

#2: Re: Wireless moves into the 'n' age! Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:53 pm
    ----
On the subject of wireless, I have just started beta testing a new wireless product from Bell Sympatico (Ontario Canada) called High Speed Unplugged. Up to 3 meg down and up to 5 km from tower. I can see this technology expanding to other ISP's

www.highspeedunplugged...g/FAQ.aspx

So far the tests I have made are very favourable for my location. For me, I can play online games with my wired High Speed while the other computer downloads torrents etc. Little expensive (way too much for me Laughing ) but I will have it till December as a beta tester. Looks like a great product for anyone traveling with a laptop particularly or just outside of the regular DSL range.

-> Hardware