2000+ colour WW2 photos avalaible via BitTorrent
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 2000+ colour WW2 photos avalaible via BitTorrent Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:10 am
    ----
If any of you are up and running with BitTorrent and have a high speed connection, you might want to check this out. It's a big download - about 168 MB - but it contains over 2000 WW2 era photos, most of them in full colour. A few i had seen before, but a lot were completely new to me. Way, way, way too many great photos to mention, but i can tell you that there are a lot of armoured vehicles in there, especially German, American, and British. The collection is broken into 13 parts, as follows :

A - British
B - Germans
C - German Navy
D - German Luftwaffe
E - The Homefront
F - Japan
G - Marines
H - Other
I - Russian
J - US Air Force
K - US Army
L - US Navy
M - B&W Pictures

Some of them are posed/publicity shots, but i'd say most are of the candid/action variety. You'll see infantry, artillery, armour, ships and planes of all description, generals and admirals and political leaders and quite a few women in uniform (and a few out of uniform, as well).

All in all a collection worth having, especially for the historians out there.

So if you have a BT client and a high-speed connection and a bit of time, you should check it out.

It can be found at: www.mininova.org/tor/280681

(No viruses or spyware or anything else nasty awaits you. Just a ton of great photos.)

(And i have no connection to this collection whatsoever, if you're wondering. I just happened to find it while checking one of my usual BT sites Thursday night. I am very happy i found it.)

#2: Re: 2000+ colour WW2 photos avalaible via BitTorrent Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:59 am
    ----
Cool

Thanks for the pointer Jinx !

Much appreciated !

fled

#3: Re: 2000+ colour WW2 photos avalaible via BitTorrent Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:32 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Cool

Thanks for the pointer Jinx !

Much appreciated !

fled

You are most welcome! When i saw what i had i knew i had to let you guys know. And the more people who download it the better, right?

#4: Re: 2000+ colour WW2 photos avalaible via BitTorrent Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:34 pm
    ----
Here is a picture from the collection.

(I always thought the Imperial Hell Drivers drove Chryslers.....!)

#5: Re: 2000+ colour WW2 photos avalaible via BitTorrent Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:10 pm
    ----
Laughing

Imagine what some people would go through nowadays to get their hands on that carelessly parked Tiger I

fled

#6: Re: 2000+ colour WW2 photos avalaible via BitTorrent Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:09 pm
    ----
Looks like the left track is off, but that Tiger looks to be is fairly good condition. It would be nice to see the other end though.

-> AFV News Discussion Board